Patience conquers all......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

Andy it's not THALL doing the selling it's his sales staff...LOL

04ultra said:
attachment.php

Hmmm, my staff don't look as effective. I'm movin' east!

Thall: make your assistants wear protective footwear. Nothing else required.

04ultra said:
attachment.php

Ultra you weren't suppose to tellem about my secret sales weapon,lolol

thall

THALL10326 said:
Had a complete stranger looking at saws yesterday and he was very interested in the MS009. He seemed a very serious type of man, short on words. He said Stihl has discontinued that model haven't they, I said yep. He said I got 20 of them, I run a tree service. I said cool. He went on to say all his 009's were getting old but have been great saws for him. I said well Stihl is done with the 009, you can't get anymore from them. He asked if that was the only one I had left. I said no, I got a few more in the stock room, lets go see how many I got. We headed to the shop and once in the stock room there sat 4 more 009's. He looked all around and said nice shop. He said I'll think on those saws, I said ok, out the door he went. Today he came in carrying a starter assembly off a 066 in one hand and the rewind spring in the other hand. He asks if I have a whole new assmebly and I looked at his and said nope but you don't need one anyway, hand me that thing. I put it all back together and said there you go. He named off a bunch of other parts for a 066 and asked if I had them in stock. Sure enough I had every part he was looking for. After getting all his parts together I was just about to ask him if he had decided anything on getting a 009 when he goes do you still have those five 009's. I said sure do, and in a joking way I said how many ya want, all of em? To my surprise he said yes, I want all 5 of them. $1300.00 dollars later we're heading to his car with all these saws and he's all the sudden talking like I'm his best freind. He's telling me all about his company and his choice of saws and all, way too much to type here but it seems I gained a new customer with a very thick wallet by merely being patient. Patience does conquer all and in this case it sure did. Why bother with this story, simple. If your selling be patient. If your buying be patient and most important should a problem arise before cussing and raising hell try patience, it works so much better..........
another way to look at is a a sucker born every miniute or a fool and his money soon parted:jawdrop: pm me thall:cheers:

havvey said:
another way to look at is a a sucker born every miniute or a fool and his money soon parted:jawdrop: pm me thall:cheers:

Now Havvey I didn't go into detail what all he told me after he made his purchase. He talked alot about saws and how he's been in the tree business for years. I'll give ya a hint, he only uses and likes one brand and claimed the others were uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh how shall I say it, not his flavorfor various reasons but no point is going into all that,lol. I'll give you a pm now you oreny cuss,haha..........

04ultra said:
attachment.php

Looky more of his staff

Dayummmmmmmmm them gals, I toldem no more posing unless we had a sale, wait a minute, they got some clothes on, sorry,lolol

Hey Thall I don't think it would matter what saws you sell.
You are one of the few that takes pride in your product that you represent.
I'll bet you can sell Bifocals to a blind man.
By the way it dosn't hurt the have a sales force like that. :blob4:

THall,
I wish you were selling up here where I live. I think we would have some fun talking saws in your shop.
I like my 2 guys I deal with here, but they aren't as fun as you seem to be.

I am looking for a used 044/440, 046/460......lol

John

manual said:
Hey Thall I don't think it would matter what saws you sell.
You are one of the few that takes pride in your product that you represent.
I'll bet you can sell Bifocals to a blind man.
By the way it dosn't hurt the have a sales force like that. :blob4:

I bet once a blind man has a 'look' at his sales staff Thall will be slap out of inventory!

Chaser

THALL10326 said:
Had a complete stranger looking at saws yesterday and he was very interested in the MS009. He seemed a very serious type of man, short on words. He said Stihl has discontinued that model haven't they, I said yep. He said I got 20 of them, I run a tree service. I said cool. He went on to say all his 009's were getting old but have been great saws for him. I said well Stihl is done with the 009, you can't get anymore from them. He asked if that was the only one I had left. I said no, I got a few more in the stock room, lets go see how many I got. We headed to the shop and once in the stock room there sat 4 more 009's. He looked all around and said nice shop. He said I'll think on those saws, I said ok, out the door he went. Today he came in carrying a starter assembly off a 066 in one hand and the rewind spring in the other hand. He asks if I have a whole new assmebly and I looked at his and said nope but you don't need one anyway, hand me that thing. I put it all back together and said there you go. He named off a bunch of other parts for a 066 and asked if I had them in stock. Sure enough I had every part he was looking for. After getting all his parts together I was just about to ask him if he had decided anything on getting a 009 when he goes do you still have those five 009's. I said sure do, and in a joking way I said how many ya want, all of em? To my surprise he said yes, I want all 5 of them. $1300.00 dollars later we're heading to his car with all these saws and he's all the sudden talking like I'm his best freind. He's telling me all about his company and his choice of saws and all, way too much to type here but it seems I gained a new customer with a very thick wallet by merely being patient. Patience does conquer all and in this case it sure did. Why bother with this story, simple. If your selling be patient. If your buying be patient and most important should a problem arise before cussing and raising hell try patience, it works so much better..........
If there had been a Stihl dealer like you around here I might be cutting with orange and white instead of just orange.

Bad E said:
If there had been a Stihl dealer like you around here I might be cutting with orange and white instead of just orange.
Yea and if Thall was around here with that sales staff.
There would'nt be a Logger in the woods.
He would have to call his place " STANDING THALL'S SAW SHOP"

JPP said:
THall,
I wish you were selling up here where I live. I think we would have some fun talking saws in your shop.
I like my 2 guys I deal with here, but they aren't as fun as you seem to be.

I am looking for a used 044/440, 046/460......lol

John

Fun is the name of the game most times. In the ole shop if the walls could talk you would hear thousands of dirty jokes, stories of saws and people, old timers telling me about the good ole days, all sorts of non-sense all intended to be laid back and fun. Here's a true example of what goes on in the shop. Had me a few old timers in there one day and they were going back and forth about what they did in their younger days. Both these guys are old mind ya, up in their 80's. Frank, the oldest one, tells the other, Pete, that "by god one time I sawed wood in December when the snow on the ground was up to my waist". I stepped in and said well Frank you old Mother F---ker if you had gotton off your lazy azz and sawed your wood in October like you should have you wouldn't have had to saw in that snow. The other old guy busted out laffing and Frank looks at me and says you go to hell you SOB. I about fell in the floor laffing my butt off. We we're having a ball. Frank and Pete used to come hang around just about everyday and it was a joy to cut up and carry on with them. Both those old guys are gone now and I really miss them. Anyway thats a example of what goes on around the shop. Fun plays a big role in sales, it really does. I myself just have overly freindly attitude toward all people no matter how they act. I can mix it up with about any kind of person no matter how they are. Fun though, oh yes, thats my specialty.............

manual said:
Yea and if Thall was around here with that sales staff.
There would'nt be a Logger in the woods.
He would have to call his place " STANDING THALL'S SAW SHOP"

hahahaha, if I had a sales staff like those gals I'd spend all day everyday of the week just restocking the shelves over and over and over.........

Latest posts

Back