Pawn Shops specials

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale M

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi. Im in the mood for a new/different saw so I hit a couple pawn shops today and saw the following saws
First. was a Husky 359 with just a 14 inch bar and chain, both bar and chain were about toast and the top cover was cracked but its kinda cheap at $150 Canadian.
Second was another Husky model 365 special. 20 inch bar and chain. the chain looks almost new, the bar is an oregon with a replacable tip that looks like replacing the tip or getting a new bar would be a good plan,, the clutch cover is also cracked,but I could tig weld it easy enough. price on this saw is $265 Canadian.
Third saw was a Stihl ms290, in a case with a manual and a few tools thats clean, looks well taken care of and it appears to not need anything. price on that saw in $325 Canadian.
. My wife says I need another saw as bad as I need to get the flu but but but I want another.I dont need another thats true but think I will anyways,maybe I'll get rid of my 351. So any recommendations or the good, the bad and the ugly about these 3 saws would be appreciated.
Thanks Guys
Dale M

Hi. Im just cutting up firewood, its mostly standing dead pine, its not big stuff, 12" would be a big one most are 8-10",. I have the Husky 351 that works well, did a muffler mod on it a couple weeks ago and it cuts fine. have a couple Poulans also,one was my dads and its old and only about 36??cc, a real pain to start but does ok once you get it going, other is a poulan titanium 42 cc.. oh ya have a poulan electric one too that my father inlaw dropped off one day that he had never used,, first look at it and I thought Wow this is going to suck but tryed it one day in my garage, and it did the job on a face cord of pine, it was slow but was smoke free in the garage so I guess they have their place.. Sooo No I dont need another saw, but thought why not.
Dale M

Keep looking. Those pawn shops put high prices on everything expecting to have to negotiate. Good Jonsereds are available up north. I'd make the new purchase a nice long look and see.;)

Back