People say the dumbest things

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonykill

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Last weekend I exchanged several phone calls with a potential customer. On sunday, he decided what he wanted for a table, chairs etc, and placed his order, giving me a nice deposit over the phone. At the very end of the conversation, he says ...oh yeah, is this made out of wood ...or trees? After a slight pause, I said wood as I didn't have any of the lumber he requested that I milled. What I wanted to say was, I don't understand the question...all wood is from trees, but he just gave me a large deposit....so....

Thought everyone might enjoy that:hmm3grin2orange:

yup. lol
you try not to slam him too hard, since he did just pay you...
it happens, and its always funny after the fact
-Ralph

136761.jpg

No

I've been suckered by so many urban legend stories.

This can't be true. It can't be.

My wonderful wife, from a family of loggers, just got this read to her anyway.

One thing all guys have to do to keep a successful marriage going is explain how there is someone dumber than they out there.

I'm good for another week.

Thanks

Actually they do make table chairs from branches etc that they don’t saw just keep them round and maybe that is what he meant but yes it’s still wood and the custom is always right. Well… most of the time.

Actually they do make table chairs from branches etc that they don’t saw just keep them round and maybe that is what he meant but yes it’s still wood and the custom is always right. Well… most of the time.

yeah, thats called rustic or adirondak furniture around here. We spent 3 days, several phone calls. He ordered an 8 foot table, 5 inch diameter turned legs, with drawers, and a bench to match, and 6 chairs. No log furniture parts here. I knew what he meant, he meant did I mill it myself. However....what he said was funny.

To paraphrase a commercial........ The cost of the phone calls, $20.........The cost of the credit card fees on the transaction, around $20.....someone still not getting it...priceless:yoyo:

sign

Well at least you are polight; I however was about to go on storm work
to restore power ice storm 2000, and had started sharpening saws while
waiting for dispatch. Up walks a foreman on another service used by the
utility. He asks with a lisp whad are ya doin there tharpening your thaw?
Sorry man but i can't resist, I said nooo I'm dulling my file!!!!! Well he got
it from the radio dispatch later he identifies himself and company and athks
if you have any line cwues we are weady to cut twees! Dispatcher says
no we are the power company we don't have line crews u will have to ask
thumbody else and I rolled !!! I usually can't laugh at slow people but this
feller you would have to see had on a thirty year old leather bib and well
he just thuck out and I do stupid s>>t too and when I do can laugh at
myself and even told guys under my supervision to attack when they
can because I sure will!!!!!:hmm3grin2orange: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Latest posts

Back