Petzl helmet ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Burnham
jkrueger--The screened eye pro (Buggz is the brand I know of) works very well at keeping chips out of your eyes, and is good at keeping you from getting poked by sticks and needles. The down side is that fine wood dust is not kept out, so you still sometimes get stuff in your eye. They are free from fogging, and you can see though them fine, a bit like a light tinted lens. Not compatible with perscription glasses.

Thanks, I think I'll get some for those hot muggy days. Anyway, I'm working with nothing since in a few minutes I'm foged.

Jack

Originally posted by rbtree
I use the Bugz, they are good, just allow some fine stuff thru, as Burnham said. My favorite glasses are a UVEX model thaT I've only found at Madsen's. They have a foam brow guard, helps catch the sweat.

I'll take a pic of them and post it....
OK, ya, I'll get the Buggs and love to find regular eye protection that actulally works. Sure pics.

Jack

Ooops

Originally posted by stephenbullman
the other down side you forgot to mention is they make you look like a nob

... got hooked on that one. Hey, interesting that the UK has not offered the world anything for at least 30 years. Sure not a place to look for hip.;)

Jack

Originally posted by rbtree
My favorite glasses are a UVEX model thaT I've only found at Madsen's. They have a foam brow guard, helps catch the sweat.
Sounds like the ones I have, but they're "Rhino" brand.&nbsp; I can't find a thing about them on the 'net other than this <a href="http://www.mochi-mochi.org/workshop/crafting/toolbx/img/misc/glssbig.jpg">image of them</a>.&nbsp; The foam brow liner helps considerably, but I find the surest method of sweat prevention is to triangulate a bandana, tie it around my head at the back, lay the flap over the top, and don my helmet.&nbsp; That contraption will wick a ton of sweat, and I feel it helps cool a little, too.

Glen

what have we done

eh, well we introduced you to the word pants.....taa daa

eh what else.....think think think....a dyson......(they make hoovers and washing machines....minging colours though)

oh we gave you a language and all that, just you mind where your ancestors came from sonny

jamie

Re: what have we done

Originally posted by jamie
eh, well we introduced you to the word pants.....taa daa

eh what else.....think think think....a dyson......(they make hoovers and washing machines....minging colours though)

oh we gave you a language and all that, just you mind where your ancestors came from sonny

jamie

:D

I like you too. And my ancesters didn't come from there.

:D

And I'm old enough to be your father.

:cool: Jack da snob:cool:

I just tried the face mask and ear muffs out for the first time yesterday. 2 complaints. 1) the face mask kept flipping up out of position. 2) the brackets don't seem to hold tight and 1 side came out completely. Therefore I ripped the whole thing right off my head and chucked it 50' down out of a tulip tree.

Was suggested to me at the ETCC to take a zip tie and place it around the bridge of the nose on my safety glasses, this way they stand slightly off your face and don't steam up or sweat onto them, on humid days another way to prevent steaming up is to rub washing up liquid (as in pots and pans) into the lenses, you can do the same if you wear glasses to prevent them steaming up when you walk from a cold outside into say a warm kitchen.

Latest posts

Back