Petzl Sequoia?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quikaj01

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So with the return of my ZigZag, i'm going to get a Sequoia saddle.. Going to order it this morning. I've heard mixed reviews.. I would like to get some last minute opinions on it.. Thoughts anyone?

arbpro saddle.

Look into the arbpro tree access. You may find you'll like it. I have images on my profile, also read about it on tree gear. If you think you want it call luke at treestuff.com. let me know what you think. I love the one i have. I also have an egovation very comfortable. But if you want light, go all out and get the tree motion.
A problem i find with altra light saddles is they have trouble supporting large saws.

So with the return of my ZigZag, i'm going to get a Sequoia saddle.. Going to order it this morning. I've heard mixed reviews.. I would like to get some last minute opinions on it.. Thoughts anyone?
So before the recall how'd you like the Z Z. Id like to demo one when they come out again. Right now im hooked on my hitchhiker

I like my sequoia. A lot. It's true that it doesn't lend it's self well to big saws. At least not on a consistent basis. Its no problem with my ms261 but anything bigger is a bit much for it. If you do a lot of take downs there's better saddles I am sure. I do a nice mix of trims n removals and I think the sequoia is a good saddle. As for the ZZ. I think it was sweet and it pissed me off I had to give it back. And I am still waiting on my stuff I exchanged it for n that's bs to.

So before the recall how'd you like the Z Z. Id like to demo one when they come out again. Right now im hooked on my hitchhiker

I loved it! I used a New England tachyon 11.7mm rope and it was perfect. Contemplated whether I wanted to send it back or not. But I did anyways. How you like the hitchhiker? I climb on a single eyed blakes hitch. What knot do you use? VT?

Hey treeace, how long has it been since you put your replacement order in? I hope it's a pretty fast turnover since I had to send my ZZ back.

Soo, I heard that many of the Petzl work saddles really aren't rated for commercial tree work.

Is that true?

Fine for rec climbers but not constructed with the riggers of commercial tree work in mind...

Opinions?

Hey treeace, how long has it been since you put your replacement order in? I hope it's a pretty fast turnover since I had to send my ZZ back.

IDK man, seems like 2 months but prolly like 4 weeks. I shoulda wrote down when I mailed the exchange form but I didnt. I am about to dig up some info and see whats up. It likely says somewhere "please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery"

I loved it! I used a New England tachyon 11.7mm rope and it was perfect. Contemplated whether I wanted to send it back or not. But I did anyways. How you like the hitchhiker? I climb on a single eyed blakes hitch. What knot do you use? VT?

The hitchhiker is a sweet tool. I taught my self to climb srt with it. I dont find my self using it for drt much.

If i know ill be working a tree drt i still fall back on my hich climber with an 8mm 30in eye to eye bee line. As far as my climbing line i use poison ive. Ive been using PI for about a year and a half. Next line i order will most likely be a static line.

Back