Picked up a clean MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCPT

Love my saws
Reaction score
I am pumped to get this saw, it is super clean and I feel like a good deal too. Been wanting something between my 026 and 440 to add to my small collection....it's becoming an addiction. Can't wait to try it out this weekend. Thanks for looking!20180222_185706.jpg 20180222_185711.jpg 20180222_185733.jpg

I agree on opening the muffler up to let it breath. Search Lakeside Andy 361 muffler mod. He was a great former member here that helps bunch of us. I did that mod in my 361. I got a 362 so I put a 18” bar and 8 tooth sprocket on my 361, its a screamer! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet saw, it's my favorite 60cc saw.

Please don't judge the performance until you get the muffler breathing, it's disgusting how choked a 361 muffler is.
The power and response feel great but I ran out of time this evening to pull the muffler so I could take a look to see restricted it is.

Mine's been running for 9 years without a hitch. I would estimate at least 400 hours of operation. I've changed the fuel filter twice and that's it. If I had to throw away all my chain saws and keep just one, the MS 361 would stay on board:
StihlMS3613 (1).JPG
Today it has a few scratches and it's been kept in a case. That's about it. I added an outside bumper spike that matches up with the points of the original inside spike very well. Pics of it today are available upon request, but I do not want to hijack this thread. OP has to allow that.

Back