picked up a pair of CS-750EVLs...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI: additional note: The Tillotson carb kit RK23HS appears to have the two carb gaskets that go on both sides of the carb box.

Compression figures for my CS 702 EVL.
Cold motor/12 good pulls/throttle open
1) Compression release on: 95 psi
2) Compression release off: 140 psi

Seems pretty clear to me that the posted numbers in the echo service manual for the 702 & 750 were intended to reflect the numbers they want to see with the compression release activated.
My saw coughed on the second pull but flooded the carb. It ran good for a few seconds when I emptied the tank to prep for the carb removal. I am confident a carb kit (new needle) and some time in the ultrasonic cleaner will have the saw running fine.

Good to know! Thats what I figured.

Well, I ended up grabbing the CS-302S today as well. The seller also threw me a bag of chains, some still wrapped from getting sharpened, as well as the air filter and cover. So grand total for all 3 saws and chains, $100. I think I did alright. The 302 looks good but the sprocket is shot and the bell and sprocket are one piece so I'll need to replace that. Otherwise its complete and pretty solid. Most of the chains are well used but there may be a few with life left in them. At what point is a chain shot? I know you don't want to hit the rivets, but is there a good example or thread somewhere on that?

I have the same saw I use to do some trimming and limbing with. Pretty solid/basic saw that starts every time and runs. You did well for a "c" note. Most chains have a scribed line at the back of the cutter to assist you with the correct angle as well as to tell you when the chain is spent. When you get to the line...trash it. FWIW...thats what I do.

Thanks. So it looks like the 302 was originally a 1/4 pitch chain. Looks like that is harder to find or at least costs more these days. It needs a new sprocket anyway, is there any reason not to switch to a 3/8" low profile chain for the saw? I found a replacement oregon sprocket that is 3/8 and said it should drop right in.

Well, Just ordered a new sprocket for the 302. The old one was shot to say the least, there was practically nothing left. Turns out it already had 3/8 on it so that worked out well.

Also did some work on the 750's. The one missing the air cleaner was also missing part of the air cleaner mount so I turned a new threaded insert on a lathe and welded that in. Also made a knew knob to hold on the cover. Looks pretty good now. I then went and took the clutch covers and machined out the cracked areas to try and make them look a little better. I think they turned out pretty good. Also cleaned the channel on the 20" hard nose as well as filed the top and removed the burs. Its not perfect but it seems to have a fare bit of life left in it. Put a chain on and grabbed my granberg filing jig and gave a good sharpening. Still new at sharpening my own chains, but it looks good to me. Weird thing is, one side was at 35 degrees and the other was at 25. Is that normal? There also seemed to be a bit of binding when I tried to pull the chain. Maybe it was because the bar was dry? Neighbors had friends over for dinner on their deck so I figured I best not fire it up and try it out. Maybe this weekend.

You are making great progress. I do not think it is normal for there to be that much variance in the cutter angles on your chain. Sounds to me like someone failed to adjust the grinder correctly when the chain was sharpened. I would correct the short side to match the 35 degree side. I think this will shorten the cutters on that side and reduce the overall life of the chain(if that matters much).

So I took the CS-750 out for its first run last night at a friends house. Nothing big but he had some trees he wanted down. I decided to mount the gopro to the saw for a few cuts. I will definitely start doing this with my other saws too. Its pretty fun. Anyway, feel free to take a look.

Sounds like the saw is running good....not a screamer but gets the job done. I like the gopro on the saw. My 702 is running well after a carb kit in the Tillotson. I just recovered the handlebar with shrinkwrap.IMG_0690.JPG

Very good saws they have a decompression valve, and you do'nt need a screwdriver to ajust idle or bar oil. Almost more features than modern saws.
I have the Military one that also has a chainbrake.

Greetings from Holland

Jos

Got the same , box everything , they come from the Belgium army great saw !

Hello guys, greetings from Argentina.

I have 2 CS-750. One of them is working flawlessly, but I'm having some issues with the other one.

I would appreciate your help if some of you could send me a service or repair book copy.

My e-mail adress is [email protected]

Thank you!

I've got a 750 carcass out in the shop that needs a new home. I don't remember offhand how much is left of it.

Latest posts

Back