Picked up a Tach today..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evin said:
Here is the tach link:

http://enmco.thomasnet.com/item/enm...?&plpver=1001&origin=keyword&by=prod&filter=0

I got it Tuesday and yet to try it...hopefully this weekend....:clap:

Did you guys know that company offers a 40% discount for 3 or more?
It's a great deal if AS members lived close enough to share, or for someone to order a whole bunch for a GTG.

http://www.enmco.com/buying.html

Evin...please post after you've tried the tach, I'm interested, if it works for chainsaws.

wagonwheeler said:
Is it 9999 rpm max as the pic shows?

It says it goes 7 segment . But I didnt see over 5 digits on mine 14,300 rpms.

Last edited:
Cut4fun said:
It says it goes 7 segment . But I didnt see over 5 digits on mine 14,300 rpms.

sigh.... 7 segment... So much information gets lost on the next generation..:bang: :bang:

7 segment refers to the contruction of the characters in the display... not the number of characters. Look at an 8.. how many little bars make up an 8???

O.K., I know it's too deep.... so how about 7??

Howdy All,

I went from work to an auction today but they did not have any saws. I came home and the tach I ordered arrived. I bought the fast tach from Tiny Tach, it was $85 and you can replace the battery. Its also wirless. I will use it tomorrow or this weekend. Looks pretty simple and only one page of instructions.

v/r

Mike

Lakeside53 said:
7 segment refers to the contruction of the characters in the display... not the number of characters. Look at an 8.. how many little bars make up an 8???
Thanks Lake, I wondered what the heck that 7 segment meant. :dizzy:

vegaome said:
Howdy All,

I went from work to an auction today but they did not have any saws. I came home and the tach I ordered arrived. I bought the fast tach from Tiny Tach, it was $85 and you can replace the battery. Its also wirless. I will use it tomorrow or this weekend. Looks pretty simple and only one page of instructions.

v/r

Mike

Not to long ago, an AS member had mentioned a Fast Tach from Tiny Tach in the "Need a good tach" thread, post #33.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=27471&page=3

I'm wondering if this is the same tach, but the price is different. Could you post a picture of yours? Thanks.

Kevin

Cut4fun, How du you like your PT15? Does it seem acurate and easy to use?
I've three of them shipping right now. Should be here in a week or two.

/Nisse

nisse said:
Cut4fun, How du you like your PT15? Does it seem accurate and easy to use?
I've three of them shipping right now. Should be here in a week or two.

/Nisse
For the price you cant beat it, slow to read though. Wish it had recall. I will see how accurate it is when i can compare to my friends stihl tach and get readings someday. But for what i need, its fine. i tune by ear. just wanted to see what rpm's i was getting.

M.R. said:
Guys, I hope this is not to OT within this thread.

I've been looking at this on e-bay for a while for other uses, and was wondering if this would also read chain speed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=330041432970&rd=1&rd=1

If the light is reflected back from markers you put on the chain, and you know how far apart they are, and the number of times they pass in one minutes, and you do the math... sure... but isn't is easier just to use a wireless tach and perform the same math?

BTW, I'm mounting on of those on my drill press to read out the spindle speed when my VFD is in use.

uh oh... Now we have M.R. and a MR. on AS! :)

Howdy KBM,

Here is a picture for you. I found out about it from this forum. I liked that you can change the battery. I may get to use it tomorrow. Over the phone the fellow I talked to (Steve Myers I think) said it was $85 bucks. I have not seen the bill yet. I will let everyone know how it works later. Keep in mind I have nothing to compare it to.

v/r

MikeView attachment 40894

cutforfun,
where again did you get the tach for $24? I would like to have to spend $75 if this works. Thanks!

vegaome said:
Howdy KBM,

Here is a picture for you. I found out about it from this forum. I liked that you can change the battery. I may get to use it tomorrow. Over the phone the fellow I talked to (Steve Myers I think) said it was $85 bucks. I have not seen the bill yet. I will let everyone know how it works later. Keep in mind I have nothing to compare it to.

v/r

MikeView attachment 40894

Thanks for that. It is the same one that is on the Tiny Tach website, and it's the same one that the other AS member has also. Looking forward to hear how it works for you. I need to get it before it goes up in price again. If it does, I'll maybe have to look at the Stihl wireless tachs.

Kevin

PT15B2....well for $24 it does what it is suppose to do, but it takes a while for it to read. I have a 359 that I was testing it on this weekend and I had to be at full throttle for 30-45 seconds before it got to the final reading. I think that it would be better if it was taking its readings faster. I did the 5 loops around the spark plug wire, but maybe there is a better technique. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Latest posts

Back