Picked up some of a Stihl 070 and some parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fearofpavement

Trying them all
Reaction score
Went to the estate sale of an arborist that was active in the 60's and 70's and found some cool stuff. Much of it was ancient and of no use to me. He had a Stihl 070 anti-vibe, an MS310, an 020AV, an 08 (or similar) and some parts. I picked up a smashed 070 and a few parts.

The 070 I purchased is an early one with no anti-vibe like the one I have. This saw appears to have taken a high dive from a tree. The cases are busted up, the crank is broken, the oil pump is broken, etc.

It does have a few good pieces on it consisting of the muffler, wrap handle, rear handle, bucking spikes, recoil starter, flywheel, air filter cover, crankcase bottom cover, inner chain guard and some fasteners.

I put a bid in on the 070 and MS310 but apparently they sold it or had a higher bid since I didn't hear back...

I also picked up a couple 32" hard nose 3001 (070/090) bars. One has a bit of wave in it but can be straightened. These have the Stihl logo on them. One is embossed. Bought three used chains to fit the bars.
Overall, a pretty good score.

Interesting, a contra clutch and a 1/2" drum. Check the clutch side of the muffler for a date, wouldn't mind seeing the bars too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't have any bar pics with me but can get some in a day or two. I'll probably put some of the parts up on the TP before they go to auction.

Latest posts

Back