Picked up the new saw today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Took a ride down to Kingston today with my wife and daughter. Had some great sushi then headed over to @spike60 's shop to pick up my new saw. Bob has some amazing Husky and Johnny saws in his personal fleet that would make any swede saw fan drool. Had a great visit and finally got to lay my hands on my new saw.

The "pretty" bar I ordered wasn't in yet before I left on my trip so I'll be running the bargain bar out here tomorrow and testing out the Rotary brand chain I scrounged up.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Nice, good luck with the saw.

Bob is a first class guy, that is for sure!
Congrats on the new saw! I drool over my buddy's 562 but haven't ran it yet. Bob has treated me right as well. If I need one reliable do it all saw the 346 I bought from him is the one to take. Ran great outta the box and still does years later! Have fun and post pics when getting it dirty!

Took a ride down to Kingston today with my wife and daughter. Had some great sushi then headed over to @spike60 's shop to pick up my new saw. Bob has some amazing Husky and Johnny saws in his personal fleet that would make any swede saw fan drool. Had a great visit and finally got to lay my hands on my new saw.

The "pretty" bar I ordered wasn't in yet before I left on my trip so I'll be running the bargain bar out here tomorrow and testing out the Rotary brand chain I scrounged up.

View attachment 486355 View attachment 486356
if I didn't know any better I would think you took those pics in my house...8" SYP floors... how you like them?

Congratulations!! I've don't know anyone including myself who has a saw newer than 2002. Watching videos of these new at/mt saws sure makes me wanna try one out.

Congratulations. You going to love that saw. I have one and I know. For the size, no saw can't stay close to the 562XP.
I like all my Stihl saw but the 562XP is unique in his way.

I have the same set up! Bar and all.......have you had any issues with the woodland pro bar?

Wait a minute. I know I get confused easily, especially following you around in ALL of these threads, but you go to New York, you're doing a charity cut and you get to buy a new saw? You have to slow down and give a class here so dummies like me can try the excuse you used on our wives.

Back