Picking up a few big bars...just because

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is some more of my car setting in. Found a couple of larger bars come up for sale and decided to get them from the guy. One is an Oregon bar at 46 inches...the other is a cannon at 54 inches. Don't see big bars like this come up too often, so I had to. They are both husky mount...was hoping for a large mount Stihl.
image.png
image.png

If you want something different there are very talented guys on this site that can make that long cannon just how you want it. The silver bar on the left is a cannon that now wears a 13t Stihl tip, as those old 3 rivet Oregon tips are hard to find in 3/8.

image.jpg

If you want something different there are very talented guys on this site that can make that long cannon just how you want it. The silver bar on the left is a cannon that now wears a 13t Stihl tip, as those old 3 rivet Oregon tips are hard to find in 3/8.

View attachment 455198

How is the clear coat holding up on that bar?

I may be the only one that caught this but you need to measure from the front of the bar stud slot to get the length of the bar. You shouldn't include the bar tail area because it's not "usable bar length". You probably have a 42" and a 48/50" there. Just saying... Good grab though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you use on that for clear coat?
Baked on slime from this guy...

07d887b42a58f04279330ea29b7209eb.jpg

I hear it's good stuff... [emoji15]

Still looks good, but i don't get the chance to use it very often.

Did you ever change any of your cannon bars over to a different tip?

Haven't needed to. My 42" bar still has a good tip on it and I have a spare if it came down to it. I do have a 42" Windsor Duratip that may get a tip put on it someday.

I may be the only one that caught this but you need to measure from the front of the bar stud slot to get the length of the bar. You shouldn't include the bar tail area because it's not "usable bar length". You probably have a 42" and a 48/50" there. Just saying... Good grab though!

I figured that is what I'd be looking at. Anywhere from 2-4" shorter than full bar measurement. I just haven't seen too many bars of this size come up for sale...and for the price...couldn't pass them up.

Well, I have had these bars in my possession for a while now. Here are a few pics....with a question

Any idea of drive link count for these? What would be the best way for me to find out?

The big cannon is a total of 54 from tail
To tip...most likely a 50"
The other I think is a 42"

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

42 is usually 130 dl of 3/8" 50" cannon I have is 154 or 156 of 3/8"

Back