Pics of a little work from a freshly finished 395

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not been loggin very much...cut 21000bdft in 1.5 days last week been working at a sawmill alot lately...running loaders, cutting and did a bit of head sawing. got a 160 acre clearcut job(not all clearcut) that there should be around 300,000 bdft on it...ive got around 1,000,000 bdft of timber to cut off of 4 or 5 jobs to do as soon as it can be done...got alot of timber to do this year...just gotta get the weather to do it....I cut a little over 1,000,000 bdft last year...prolly around 1,100,000-1,200,000 bdft. and didn't get started till mid march with a fair bit of rainouts.

should be able to beat that this year

btw, what is a 2094? i'm guessing a j-red?

Nice pics - thanks for sharing. We always had Danes when I was growing up - they are great dogs! I have a Lab presently, simply because I love to go bird shooting. :givebeer:

Danes are really the only dogs that ive ever had..i believe ive had 6 of them (not counting pups) and have had good luck with them...had a boxer and it sure was a character...great dogs

I think he's going to use him for skidding logs. :D

it is actually quite funny that you say this...we have a John Deere goat wagon...resembles an old time wagon with steel spoke wheels and all. we've hitched a dane up to it before and pulled it in parades. put a couple lil kids in it an let them throw out candy!!! quite a site to see!

not been loggin very much...cut 21000bdft in 1.5 days last week been working at a sawmill alot lately...running loaders, cutting and did a bit of head sawing. got a 160 acre clearcut job(not all clearcut) that there should be around 300,000 bdft on it...ive got around 1,000,000 bdft of timber to cut off of 4 or 5 jobs to do as soon as it can be done...got alot of timber to do this year...just gotta get the weather to do it....I cut a little over 1,000,000 bdft last year...prolly around 1,100,000-1,200,000 bdft. and didn't get started till mid march with a fair bit of rainouts.

should be able to beat that this year

btw, what is a 2094? i'm guessing a j-red?

Yep, it's a j-red. It's basically a 394 painted red/black. That 2094 of his prolly cut 1,000,000 bdft all by it's self. He's had it for 3 yrs now and has been usin' it more every year. This is my same buddy that has the 281xp, that I talk about once in awhile. The 281 prolly cut 2x as much as the 2094, and it's gettin' tired. If he wants it rebuilt I'm gonna do it for him, I'll get a OEM 288 jug and piston and put it in it for him and mod muffler and port it if he wants as well for free, as long as he pays for parts.:greenchainsaw: :chainsaw: :cheers:

Great looking dog you got there !!!
I got two Leonbeger's also a lagre breed dog but built more like a tank :p

Great looking dog you got there !!!
I got two Leonbeger's also a lagre breed dog but built more like a tank :p

leonbeger's...u got any pics of yours? i'd be interested in seeing them

wow...just googled them...there fuzzy!!!

Last edited:
attachment.php

Hmmm... tree's halfway to the ground and the saw is still in the cut... shouldn't you be long gone? :) :) :)

Ian

Hmmm... tree's halfway to the ground and the saw is still in the cut... shouldn't you be long gone? :) :) :)

Ian

with one leaning as hard as it was and having enough weight and limbs leaning the the direction of the fall it was moving pretty quick. i also wanted to jump is off of the jump to get it out away from it and to lessen the distance that it would kick back when it landed on the limbs. therefore i cut it all the way off rather than leaving any holding wood. and i typically don't tuck tail and run to get away from a tree. i step back a bit and watch for stuff coming down at me.

Yep, it's a j-red. It's basically a 394 painted red/black. .....

I used to think so as well, although there was some obvious differenses in handle design etc, but have been proven wrong - the only thing they really share is the bore and stroke.

The 2094 and 2095 are developments of the 930, not rebadged Huskys.....:jawdrop:

Last edited:
sorry guys...no vids

i was gonna try to get some vids of this saw running but i delivered it to the guy yesterday. he has a basketcase 385 that im thinking about buying off of him as a project. anybody got a basketcase with a good crank?

Latest posts

Back