Pics of owb while BURNING!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe rebel

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
its winter. One of my personal favorite things is my owb fired up and rolling a little smoke out in my field. I know this can be a controversial topic but some people such as me have a setup where smoke doesn't interfere with neighbors because I have none. However others units smoking doesn't bother me. Nonetheless my unit doesn't smoke much. Interested how others units act !
Let's see those bad boys fired up!!

Attachments

• IMG_1445.JPG
    IMG_1445.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 135
Dosen't any body ever put a cover over their boiler fill area ?? That is the first thing I did, can't see the point of standing with rain-snow,sleet down the back of your neck! Yeah no neighbors , smoke so what? I see you don't have to split into match sticks either!some of these guys here wear them selves splitting what I consider kindling!!

c7a21fcc7faffafe42a89f8014cecfba.jpg

Home made? Judging by the stickers on the front of the burner I would guess no.

Home made? Judging by the stickers on the front of the burner I would guess no.
I noticed the stickers afyer i posted. Guess i was looming at the flames lol

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Mohick - Yeah I usually try to split a log in half and about 24 inches long. Seems to work well for me. Easy to load and burns for longer in my opinion. I used to have a level float in the boiler fill but it broke one day when I had it out and havnt been able to track another down yet !

Nice what are you heating with that house? Garage? What kind of burn times?

I heat my house, 2800 sq ft and DHW, not the garage. When temps range from the upper 20's to the upper 30's I can get 14-16 hour burns with good wood about 12 with junk. If temps are in the single digits and teens I get about 12 hours on good wood.

Thats a cool outdoor wood stove. Is it home made? How many square feet will it heat.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

It's a hardy, factory built. I heat 2800 sq ft plus DHW. It's one of their smaller heaters at 120,000 btu. It's plenty big for my needs I'm not sure what the maximum sq footage it could handle would be.

I heat my house, 2800 sq ft and DHW, not the garage. When temps range from the upper 20's to the upper 30's I can get 14-16 hour burns with good wood about 12 with junk. If temps are in the single digits and teens I get about 12 hours on good wood.
Wow for such a small footprint those are some really good results

Dosen't any body ever put a cover over their boiler fill area ?? That is the first thing I did, can't see the point of standing with rain-snow,sleet down the back of your neck! Yeah no neighbors , smoke so what? I see you don't have to split into match sticks either!some of these guys here wear them selves splitting what I consider kindling!!

MVC-019S_26.JPG

MVC-022S_12.JPG

MVC-001S_8.JPG

MVC-006S_2.JPG

Mine doesn't get wet! ;) I think a lot of guys tend to split smaller for the drying aspect they get from having more surface area to do it quicker. We cut and store everything under roof and on average it gets at least 6 years dry time. I leave larger stuff to the size that I can lift but a lot gets split smaller so either I or my near 80 year old Father and Mother can feed their stove.

MVC-019S_26.JPG

MVC-022S_12.JPG

MVC-001S_8.JPG

MVC-006S_2.JPG

Mine doesn't get wet! ;) I think a lot of guys tend to split smaller for the drying aspect they get from having more surface area to do it quicker. We cut and store everything under roof and on average it gets at least 6 years dry time. I leave larger stuff to the size that I can lift but a lot gets split smaller so either I or my near 80 year old Father and Mother can feed their stove.
Wow!! One Hell of a set up

Latest posts

Back