PILTZ: Master HOT SAW builder (...not)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about his oversized sprockets - has anyone used them? Feedback?

Philbert

"Saw chain is not proprietary to any make or model of saw, that means any saw CAN run any saw chain. Regardless of whether it may or may not be advisable to do so any chain can be made to fit any saw."
That is somewhat true, especially, if you are able to modify drive sprockets to fit. What it does not take into effect is the tensile strength of the chain 'chassis'.

In other words Oregon, STIHL, etc., expect 3/8 low profile chain to be run on saws up to a specified power and bar length, and size the components (tie straps, rivets, etc.) accordingly. Higher power saws, and longer loop lengths, put additional stress on these components, increasing the risk of failure. Chains intended for larger, higher power saws, have heavier duty components.

He found pictures I posted on here and was using them for his ads. . . . I can't do anything about it.
If it's on eBay, you can file a report/complaint.

How about his oversized sprockets - has anyone used them? Feedback?

Philbert

If it's on eBay, you can file a report/complaint.
Those are made by Danzco. They can be bought from Madsens and other places for $10-12 less each.

I never thought of that. I may do it if he's still using them.

A good timber FELLER can FELL more trees in a week then an arborist falls in a year. It takes an average timber FELLER 2 years to become proficient, (not an expert but proficient), an arborist will never gain that much chainsaw experience in 2 lifetimes.

I don't know anything about his saws but on the face of it his claims sound ridiculous. Arborists are just as hard on saws as loggers.
I don't know much about those little saws but I doubt if they'd hold up very long with a set up like he advertises.
A good falling saw should last at least a season. It would be fun to take one of his little hotrods, work the snot out of it every day in a real-world logging environment, and see if it lasts. My guess is it wouldn't make it very long.
And using the word FELLERS is a dead give away. For a guy who claims to know anything about logging he sure uses the wrong terminology.

Wish I had known about this before I got the P61 to run a bigger bar (maybe one of the magical racing rim sprockets will turn it around?). I could've just got a 28" bar for the Tanaka and been done with it! My ms260 would just be overkill at that point lol.

:laugh:

The poor guy wil probably read all we say about him, if you search "Piltz saw" on google, the first link is an old topic about him on AS.

Yes, that is one reason this I post and re-post about his stuff here. Another is the amusement factor, as he digs himself bigger and bigger holes. The main reason is to warn off noobs and wood-be fallers that can kill themselves with these saws set up this way. I mean, where is OSHA when you actually need them? Can you see the lawsuits against this guy when someone cuts off a limb? Not a tree limb, an arm or a leg.

I do not have high blood pressure. Nor does Mr. Piltz really bother me any more. Its just that every time I log into Ebay and look at his stuff, the statements are longer than ever before and even more full of BS. It seems that he thinks that the more BS he posts, the more real it will become. As for posing shoeless with saws stuck into my deck, meh... I was into Aikido for about 4 years when I was younger. I am into guns for self defense now.

Here is some more insane crap he has for sale. He has these posted for a MS170/180 chainsaw (stab stab!). I cannot imagine a plastic engine case dealing with that kind of leverage. Imagine the torque from a long bar on a 170 with these PILTZ dawgs... snap!

View attachment 408160

Hrm... could mebbe use longer dawgs on my ported 241.. ;)

It's kind of sad really. I would not be able to sleep at night knowing that I had sold products by mis-representing them. I've always thought it would be cool to put a fifth wheel unit on the back seat of a Harley so you could pull a gooseneck trailer with your motorcycle. Only mod needed is a smaller rear sprocket and a larger rear tire so it is able to go faster!!! :innocent:

A bit like this? I went the wrong way on the gearing though.. I went with a 13-52, he'd recommend a 15-42
20140220_114500sm.jpg

Back