Pinch Crimp Rings???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troy3300

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the pinch crimp rings (not the compression copper rings) on their pex pipe for an owb? I was looking and found stainless steel rings and the tool much cheaper then the standard tool and copper rings.
Anyone know if they work OK?
Thanks

Are you speaking of the cinch style clamps? Like the ones in the picture I attached at the bottom of this post? If so, then yes they work great and they are all I have used for my installation. For me they were simple to use and one tool does most all sizes. I know they make a tool that will do most or a few sizes for the clamp rings, but it cost more and I just liked these better....

Last edited:
I had bought the crimp tool 5 years ago and have been using it on various projects since. The tool is ridiculously priced and awkward to use. ( some situations you need two people. ) However it does a good job. My tool does the 1/2 and 3/4 inch pex. I have never tried the one pictured above I might try it on the larger sizes instead of buying another tool for the 1 inch size hose.

I used to sell clamps. Here is a list of different ones. http://oetiker.com/content.asp?l=4&idNavig=17

The one he has pictured is the best clamp. I do have some crimp tools left. I might be able to give you a smokin price on. I also have a bunch of 1-Ear Clamps with Mechanical Interlock but I think those are mainly for sprinkler work. What size are the clamps that are needed?

I have some poly hose that is 3/4 inch ID and 1 inch OD that I wouldn't mind having a better clamp ( currently using cheap gear clamps)

I also would like to up size one of my supply lines to the bigger sized pex 1 inch or the next size???

I'd be interested in the smokin deal on the tool for sure. I didn't realize the clamp had such good reveiws.

My e'mail should be in my profile.

Thanks

I have a shipping address in Portal North Dakota if necessary.

But mail works good to Canada I can pay whatever way you prefer.

Paul

Yes the one pictured is the clamp I am talking about. They are so much cheaper then the copper rings. Thank you guys for the feedback. I am sold.
:givebeer: :cheers:

Yes the one pictured is the clamp I am talking about. They are so much cheaper then the copper rings. Thank you guys for the feedback. I am sold.
:givebeer: :cheers:

You will not be sorry. The tool can be had for around $70-80 with shipping and then you are set for all sizes. The rings are fairly cheap from pexsupply.com. I purchased quite a bit of my fittings and clamps from them.

If you need any more info,feel free to PM me.

Chris

expander tool all the way!!

crimp is ok but I have had them leak but have never had an expanded with ring connection ever give me a problem.

Darin, which tool do you need for a stepless ear clamp? I have the standard $100 Pex tool, but like mentioned above it has limited capabilities in small spaces. I would be interested in that Pneumatic Pincer if it works on those clamps.

RD

yep, I've got crimp-on. Didn't really like the idea but they have been there (and not leaking) for seven years now.

THe best fitting for pex is the rehau ever lock. It uses a special tool that is very expensive but most plumbing supply houses wil let you borrow the tool. The fitting consists of a sleeve and a barbed fitting. There are actually two tools, 1 is an expander and one is like a chain clmap that compresses the fitting over the barb. They are bulletproof. I used them on my boiler installation they are perfect.

You will not be sorry. The tool can be had for around $70-80 with shipping and then you are set for all sizes. The rings are fairly cheap from pexsupply.com. I purchased quite a bit of my fittings and clamps from them.

If you need any more info,feel free to PM me.

Chris

I just bought the tool,
a cutter for pex, pvc and aluminum pipe
and clamps in 1/2 and 3/4 (I will still have to buy 1")
Grand total of $26.45:clap:

Back