Pine tree removal. Very very pic and video heavy!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pictures and looks like you got to work/play for a few days. That 797 sounds good too.

My thoughts exactly, the 797 seemed to have the most aggressive chain anyways too.

Climbing is the best, nice job!:cheers:
Both saws started the day with pretty much brand new chain. The 797 .404 full chisel and the 044 had square grind skip tooth. I was happy with how the 044 ran, but nothing beats a 797:D. I had a lot of fun up in the tree, hope to be able to do more often.

Nice pictures and looks like you got to work/play for a few days. That 797 sounds good too.

Still have about ten to 15' left. Its down to about 25ish" in dia. and stays like that to the end. Gonna be a lot of cookies.

Nice job, glad you had fun. I do believe that is the bluest sky I have ever seen. Your friend takes good pics.

Had to make sure it was ok to post the other pics so here is the rest. These are the pics of Bill demonstrating how to chunk it down for me. This is where that 200T really shined.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Awesome pics Brian!!! (last couple need framed!!)
Saw line up is great as well!!

+1 on great thread!!!!!!

Looking good Brian. Glad to see you putting those old beasts back to work. They look like they're holding their own with the modern saws. Seemed like the 797 wasn't warmed up at first. By the second or third cut, it was fully awake and singing along just fine.:cheers:

Awesome pics Brian!!! (last couple need framed!!)
Saw line up is great as well!!

+1 on great thread!!!!!!
Thanks, glad to see on here. Need to try some Yellow therapy to get your mind off of things.

Looking good Brian. Glad to see you putting those old beasts back to work. They look like they're holding their own with the modern saws. Seemed like the 797 wasn't warmed up at first. By the second or third cut, it was fully awake and singing along just fine.:cheers:

Both of them are running pretty good I think. The 797 dosnt have much more than three tanks run through it, if that much. Slowly getting them broke in. I love my 044, love the way it sounds, looks, and cuts. But nothing is quit like a big old Mac. The camera guy has never been around pre EPA saws before, he has a wildthing, and thats probably all he ever ran. I almost fell over laughing when he said "Holy #$#$ that thing is loud, its so loud it was making me nauseous.", referring to the 797.

Thanks, glad to see on here. Need to try some Yellow therapy to get your mind off of things.

"Holy #$#$ that thing is loud, its so loud it was making me nauseous.", referring to the 797.

+1 :D and +1 :newbie:.

EDIT: post # 1206... G R E A T N U M B E R!

+1 that thing made my ears ring.
Ain't had a saw do that in awhile.

You looked like you have ran one a time or two. Looked pretty comfortable throwing around 30 lbs. of magnesium. Now I just have to teach ya how to start the 044 without breaking the pull cord:laugh:.

Was trying to finish chunking up the rest of the tree with my 044 today. Put the 24' bar on with a 8pin sprocket, and it was doing real well, until I found a piece of metal in the tree. Messed up the cutters pretty good. Tried to file it, but my skills are not there yet. Still was putting out a lot of dust with the chips. So going to have to get it sharpened:(. Really need to learn how to sharpen chains. I can touch them up ok but anything more and I dont seem to get very good results. Should have brought more saws with me LOL but I was running low on fuel. Next time I know better, bring everything I have and one way or another I can finish LOL.

Oh the fun of residential tree work! Common place to run into metal in the "ladder height" area and below. LOL The File-O-Plate and the Husky Roller guide are great for learning how to free hand. They work real well for getting your angles back in shape when you really yoke a chain too. Nice think about the Husky guide is that any Lowes has it and it is a great value for what it comes with.

Oh the fun of residential tree work! Common place to run into metal in the "ladder height" area and below. LOL The File-O-Plate and the Husky Roller guide are great for learning how to free hand. They work real well for getting your angles back in shape when you really yoke a chain too. Nice think about the Husky guide is that any Lowes has it and it is a great value for what it comes with.

Were you talking about the one that clamps to the bar, or the flat piece of metal that clamps to the file? I have the one that just clamps on the file, and for touching up the chain I do ok. My father go me a grinder from harbor freight, and I figured since the cutters were pretty messed up I would give it a try. I seem to be able to put a decent edge on it so far, wont know for sure until I cut with the chain again. I have it set a 30* right now. What ever I hit put a pretty good beating on the chain.

next time cut them stubs flush. cool photos.

I leave enough stub on the stem to stand on so when I'm chunking down the stem I can take some weight off the spurs once in a while. It doesn't work for every piece, but it's nice when there's a good stub to stand on. When it comes time for a piece to be dropped, if I want to take the stubs off, I'll just cut them off before I drop the chunk.

If you're lowering pieces, the stubs can help with tying pieces off but a running bowline with a marl or two holds the chunk pretty well, stub or no stub.

Also, you can have two lanyards if you want. The main wirecore lanyard that is closest to you and a second backup lanyard hanging lower just in case you cut through the main lanyard.

Rad Photos

The contrast in those photos is really great! Looks like your carving the clouds up there!

Latest posts

Back