Ping to Jonsered_Rep...price of a new 2152

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodie

"Cap'n Bullcrap'n"
Reaction score
Thanks for your recent reply to my post.

Here's the thing...I THINK my Jonsered rep is honest, but now I'm not sure. It's easy to mistake friendliness for honesty, afterall.

First of all, his regular price on a 2152C with an 18" bar is $479, while the other rep in town, whom I haven't met, has them for about $420. With the $100-off Bag-it-Tag-it sale, I could get it for $379 from the rep I know.

So now it's only $20 more than a Husky 353, which is dang near the same saw!

Secondly, twice now he's shown me a crankshaft/con-rod assembly with nice ball and needle bearings, and said I've got to step up to a 2152 to get that nice crank. But the info I've seen on the Husky site says almost all of their saws have that upgraded crankshaft.

Again, he SEAMS honest, but I'm wondering now does he sense my (obvious) newbie status and is trying to take me for a ride? What say you?

Thanks for any input you can give.

By rep do you mean dealer?
I am the one who is the liaison between Tilton Equipment and the dealer.

But to answer your question
All Jonsereds saws 2141 and up have the same rotating assembly (crank and rods have the same quality bearings)

Maybe your dealer misunderstood what models had what crank and bearings?

I cover Ms La and Ark so i am not too familiar with the pricing of that area.

My advice is to find the dealer you trust and can form a relationship with.
The bag it and drag it program you have to have a saw to trade in so that may also have created some confusion. The dealer also has to meet certain Qualifications to enter the bag it drag it promotion

As for the twenty bucks most dealers i have come across will take a twenty dollar loss to sell a saw. Because they can make up for it in the service and accessory sales later. Make a customer happy the 1st time and they will continue to come back for more.

Last edited:
catalog?

Mr rep still looking for that chain saw catalog.Did you mail it?
thanks,
Ed

The Jonsereds do look better than the Huskys, but make sure that you are comfortable with the streight across front handlebar, before you go for a Jonsered instead of the Husky version, which has a nice angled handlebar. Try to handle them both before you decide.

Another thing, try to avoid the cat versions ("C" by Jred, "E-tech" by Husky).
They will run hotter, which is not good for the saws..... :bang:

SawTroll said:
The Jonsereds do look better than the Huskys, but make sure that you are comfortable with the streight across front handlebar, before you go for a Jonsered instead of the Husky version, which has a nice angled handlebar. Try to handle them both before you decide.

Another thing, try to avoid the cat versions ("C" by Jred, "E-tech" by Husky).
They will run hotter, which is not good for the saws..... :bang:

I went back yesterday and got some fingerprints on both the Jonsered and the Husky, and I have to admit I prefer the Jonsered straight handle better. (Or at least I *think* I do...it's tougth to tell without spending 5 hours in the woods with both!) The straight handle encouraged me to hold the saw in what I consider was a better, more-controlled, safer position. The angled handle encouraged me to hold it farther away from my body in order to feel comfortable. And while that may seem counterintuitive, holding closer being safer, I'm talking by matter of a few inches. With the Husky, I think I would tire more easily, and that just invites problems.

Tell me more about the catalytic converter/heat issue, though...the two saws I'm leaning toward (2152, 2159) both have one. I would have no ethical/moral issues with tearing that damn thing off and using it for skeet practice, after my warranty expired, of course, but would that cause other issues for the saw? Less back-pressure is normally better, but if an engine is set up to run on a certain amount, I wonder if I would cause more problems than I solved. And how bad is the heat issue?

Thanks again SawTroll!

to much heat!

i was using my father in laws 2152 to sharpen fence stakes one evening,when i stopped the muffler glowed red.never bothered the saw but that was an eye opener for me.the muffler needs to be opened up to let heat out.an old saw repair guy told me that if this would of happened to an older saw it probably would of seized up.if they didn't need it before don't change a good thing.

$380 is my regular, out the door, every day price for a 2152 w/18" ssn bar. I think I am competitive in my market, not a lot under or over other dealers in the area. The "Bag and Drag" is BS, at $480 people would only laugh on the way to Lowes. Husqvarna has set the market price for all ELux saws.

Back