Yet another "Help me buy a saw" thread...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres alot of fellows on here that can tell you more about the HD rental saws. The stores near me don't rent them. The 6401 is a 60cc saw that will most likely outpull a 361 stihl. You can also put a 7900 topend on them without changing anything. A 7900 is a bad mofo if you havent already heard. The 6401 is tough enough by itself though.

I just think a 60cc saw will save you alot of time. 50cc saws are limbing saws IMO. If you're bucking logs with any size to them then you'll be alot more happy with a 60cc saw. They can be easily had for 400 bucks in good condition. I always say: if you limitd on your budget, always get the most bang for your buck. :D

The downside of the 6400/6401 is the huge amount of added weight and bulk, over the 361 and other saws that was designed from the outset as 60cc saws. The 6400/6401 is a small engine in a large and heavy saw.....:givebeer:

Ya know, there is a lot of reason in choosing a 60-70 cc saw just for bucking logs. But I have and will always prefer a strong 50cc saw. One with an outboard clutch.;) It is just what works best for me.

The downside of the 6400/6401 is the huge amount of added weight and bulk, over the 361 and other saws that was designed from the outset as 60cc saws. The 6400/6401 is a small engine in a large and heavy saw.....:givebeer:

Yea I agree with that. And it would'nt be my first choice. The 361 or 362 would be. :D

Man, I'm leaning heavily toward an MS361 right now.

I had one here from school a while back and it seemed to cut a lot better than an MS440, especially for its weight. Now only if I had the cash :msp_mad:

I hate waiting...

Eric

echo cs-600p. has every feature you want, 60 ccs. Needs to be richened a little past the factory set limiters though. You can find them for 400$ if you shop around online.

Man, I'm leaning heavily toward an MS361 right now.

I had one here from school a while back and it seemed to cut a lot better than an MS440, especially for its weight. Now only if I had the cash :msp_mad:

I hate waiting...

Eric

I hear the Husky's are less expensive in the U.S. They're more expensive in Canada than Stihl, and probably for a reason. ( Canada has A HELL of a lot more wood than the U.S TBH.)

It all comes down to personal opinion when its down to pro saws, but " personally " would look into the 359 or 357XP.

Back