Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will

Did you say Pioneer 750?I think you have seen this picture before anyway.I promised the fella I got it from that I would restore it.Geeezzzz when am I going to get the time to do all this stuff?
Lawrence
OldChainsaws008-1.jpg

OldChainsaws012-1.jpg

Pioneer 3200

Do any of you happen to know how to split the case on my saw? I've removed the 3 screws that hold the fan plate to the case. Head is still on, otherwise stripped, plate moves about 1/8 on axis but will not pop off by armstrong. Is there something indexed with the crank I am not seeing. Maybe I just need a pller applied with caution. It doesn't look like the crank oiler would be a problem.
Thanks for the help.
Dave

Do any of you happen to know how to split the case on my saw? I've removed the 3 screws that hold the fan plate to the case. Head is still on, otherwise stripped, plate moves about 1/8 on axis but will not pop off by armstrong. Is there something indexed with the crank I am not seeing. Maybe I just need a pller applied with caution. It doesn't look like the crank oiler would be a problem.
Thanks for the help.
Dave

The 3200 has a bearing carrier on the clutch side of the case, the cylinder, clutch, gas tank and auto oiler must be removed before the bearing carrier side case will come off.
Pioneerguy600

Thanks Jerry,
any tips an removing the oiler? Pop it out with compressed air?
Dave

My extendable handled magnet will usually pull the ones I have worked on.
Pioneerguy600

Jerry, Have you ever changed a fuel line on a 1200 Pioneer? When I got the saw it didn't have one and I can't find out how to install a new one. I've looked around and can't seem to find where it was on the saw. I assume it has a filter on the end of it and it hangs down in the tank like most saws.

Jerry, Have you ever changed a fuel line on a 1200 Pioneer? When I got the saw it didn't have one and I can't find out how to install a new one. I've looked around and can't seem to find where it was on the saw. I assume it has a filter on the end of it and it hangs down in the tank like most saws.

The fuel line enters the tank on the clutch side, it leaves the carb and runs out through the airbox between the front top handle mount then down behind the side plate that is behind the clutch. You have to remove the clutch, sprocket oil pump and the side plate that is actually the main bearing housing. Take your gas tank cover off and look down inside, if you see a big felt looking patch on the side of the tank just behind the bar studs held in place by a stud with a spring over it and a nut on the end of the stud holding the spring in place then your fuel line is connected to that felt, you cannot see it as it is behind the felt. The later models used a typical fuel line and filter but enter the tank in the same place.
Pioneerguy600

Last edited:
I thought it did but couldn't find the hole where it comes into the tank. Does any of the saw have to come apart to install the line?

While I was typing up the answer to your question my computer decided to post the answer before I was through, it does this occasionally and I don`t know why. I don`t have to click on the submit reply box at the bottom of the page when this happens but I think my reply in the post above gives you some idea what`s involved with the fuel line change.
Pioneerguy600

While I was typing up the answer to your question my computer decided to post the answer before I was through, it does this occasionally and I don`t know why. I don`t have to click on the submit reply box at the bottom of the page when this happens but I think my reply in the post above gives you some idea what`s involved with the fuel line change.
Pioneerguy600

Thanks for the reply, Jerry. I figured if anybody knew about this saw it would be you. Thanks again!

Thanks for the reply Jerry, got it with a little air on the pin hole. I'm going off of the parts illustration and don't really know what i'm up against sometimes. Well engineered machine.
Dave

Thanks for the reply Jerry, got it with a little air on the pin hole. I'm going off of the parts illustration and don't really know what i'm up against sometimes. Well engineered machine.
Dave

The 1420,1450,2400 and 3200 were very good saws in their day, I still have and use my 1450 , its a fast saw for its size and actually works better today than when it was new in 1967.
Pioneerguy600

Mines kind of a hybrid, such as the oiler is listed as only on the 3270. Mine sure has an oiler. I noticed there are other mods to the saw that are listed as only 3270, mine must have been a tweener that hadn't been relisted as the new model number but had the upgrades
The saw is kind of an intermediate saw compared to some of the big cubes I see some of these guys post. I'm pretty sure it's from the early to mid 70's.
Dave

chainsaw P28E/ES

Someone could send me information on this saw, I'm trying to repair one and I have nothing. I need the manual or whatever. Thanks

Last edited:
magademo and others

I thought it would be a good idea if in my signature I added the link to the Pioneer information that has been assembled by some AS members here.For those that have not seen it check it out!
Lawrence

Back