Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some Pioneer/Partner art.

DSC_0040.jpg

Chris brought his 850 over today and I got a good look at it. What a monster.

Had it running for a bit but lost spark in it. We are thinking it might be coil related, but I'm sure he will get it sorted out.

It's a very interesting saw.

We are thinking it might be coil related, but I'm sure he will get it sorted out.

Mark, The IPL shows the coil wire as a separate part from the coil so I can salvage that. I'm think I'll tear into that C-5 you gave to see if that coil is compatible. I think so. Either that or the 650 (which I'd rather not do.) What do you think I should seal the wire with where it enters the coil?

Chris B.

Mark, The IPL shows the coil wire as a separate part from the coil so I can salvage that. I'm think I'll tear into that C-5 you gave to see if that coil is compatible. I think so. Either that or the 650 (which I'd rather not do.) What do you think I should seal the wire with where it enters the coil?

Chris B.

Proper sealer is di-electric silicone but any RTV sealer will work just as well.You can use just about any points/condenser type of coil that you can make fit the laminate frame. Check your PM.
Pioneerguy600

Proper sealer is di-electric silicone but any RTV sealer will work just as well.You can use just about any points/condenser type of coil that you can make fit the laminate frame. Check your PM.
Pioneerguy600

I told Chris you would have a idea! I wasnt sure what would work with a 3 legged lamination.

That 62 is looking very good.

Back