Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Any one know were to grab a set of rings for a Pioneer 700?
Part #'s I have look like,
Rings: 471002
Piston: 427585
Piston could look better, but assume locating one would be next to impossible.
Thanks guys!

Well guy`s I made it out here to California, trip out went very well and got here safe and sound. Weather`s been great so far, seen the city of San Francisco yesterday, put in 12 good hours there sight seeing. Heading up North on the #1 hwy. today and plan on reaching the Oregon border before turning back tomorrow.Stay safe,
Pioneerguy600

Hope the good weather holds Jerry. Nice time to get away from here.:msp_smile:

Just had a P20 dropped off at the house. (mine to play with) seems like low compression, is it worth messing with or stick it in the trade pile for next time I head to chainsawr?

Up North in the big redwoods guys, wish you all were here with me, these trees are tall! Stayed overnight in Garberville Humbolt county. hey Randy,..whats up with all this snow....LOL
Pioneerguy600

Just had a P20 dropped off at the house. (mine to play with) seems like low compression, is it worth messing with or stick it in the trade pile for next time I head to chainsawr?

A p-20 is a good little 50 cc saw. They have an automatic decomp when you pull the rope, so you would have to disable it in order to get a good idea.

Lots of parts around for them. If the plastic air filter cover is in good shape, it's worth as much as the rest of the saw.:laugh:

Any of you guys know what model this is? Its for sale locally for $100. Is it worth it?

172826d1298080384-17256555_640-jpg

It's the Farmsaw. It was Pioneer's more economy model. Still a pro built saw, but the recoil/starter is a weak link. I would say if there are no issues and the saw runs good, good comp., and good bar and chain, it would be worth $100.

Ah that would explain it. Thanks I will see what I can do with it then. overall it is in nice shape. Thanks

A p-20 is a good little 50 cc saw. They have an automatic decomp when you pull the rope, so you would have to disable it in order to get a good idea.

Lots of parts around for them. If the plastic air filter cover is in good shape, it's worth as much as the rest of the saw.:laugh:

Made it up to Oregon by noon and got lots of great picts, drove the full length of the Avenue of Giants with plenty of stops. Massive is all I can say. Beautiful sunny day and the beaches are magnificant.
Pioneerguy600

Glad you having a good time Jerry, I used to live in california when I was a kid. Those redwoods are amazing, and the coastline is beautiful.

Can anybody tell me if a p40 clutch cover will work on a p50????

Thanks Kevin

Back