Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Jerry I spent a lot of time on the there saws complete rebuild on all there had to make my own coils for the twins they don't make them any more I tried cutting with one twin before i painted it real neat to run and a real neat sound to hear a saw with two cylinders the people around me didnt like the nose lol so i start them up every now and then lol

I never got to run a Super Twin but have run other twins, they shure do have a sound all their own. I also make coils to fit into the older saws that have the varnished and phenolitic coated coils that crack up and short out. I learned at an early age that a lot of things can be kept running very well with a little resourcefulness.

I never got to run a Super Twin but have run other twins, they shure do have a sound all their own. I also make coils to fit into the older saws that have the varnished and phenolitic coated coils that crack up and short out. I learned at an early age that a lot of things can be kept running very well with a little resourcefulness.
Very well said Jerry

There are a few Pioneers and a IEL in this picture taken one day when they were out catching some sun,

IMG_1372.jpg

I had a 50 51 52 60 61 62 I wish I never sold them :msp_sad: Nothing cuts like them

I fully agree on that ,Joe. I still have and run very many P series saws, from the little P12,26, 28, 38, Farmsaw, Farmlite II ,41, 42, 52, 62, 655 HP, 655BP and many others that are in different states of repair.

attachment.php
------This is a saw I restored a long time ago its a runner

Hey Joe! It wasn't that long ago we were talking on the phone about getting me an RA! Looks like I could have saved myself a lot of time and effort if I would have just made you an offer on this one. Very nice work! I ended up getting a complete RA in need of a lot of work. Shortly after, I got a couple more parts saws from our friend in Goderich. When I was picking up the stuff we were shooting the breeze about buying and selling saws and how there's more people into it than you'd think. He's says "well there's a box of stuff for a guy in Peterborough...". Small world.

guys, those are some REAL nice saws. those old ones had a beauty and grace not even approached today. and that twin? i had no idea they even existed. you know you guys aren't doing my cad any good. just when i thought i was gonna be able to lighten up. now i gotta go find some pioneers. thanks a lot:laugh:

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!

My P42 Western is identical you your P62 just a different size. The info I have says 1984 only for theses westerns with yellow paint and two piece Ignitions. With old style cylinders.
Its all weird, But I don't care, they work GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

VERY NICE SAW!!!!! you have, I'll find one someday.

Duane

Yup, that P62 must be the daddy to the P42 Western I had too (parts are all still here in on form or another.) Seems like what was called the Western had full wrap, a bigger carb.(?), and maybe the single-stage phenolic reed -something like that, anyway. Just checked, and a 1985 Pioneer/ Partner service bulletin shows a jug w/ the number 433261 for P42. That's the number that's on my P42 jug. Pioneer IPL shows #432635. Pioneer/ Partner IPL appears to show 476534. No idea if there is any difference. At any rate, mine hasn't run since the rod bearing cage exploded years ago.

I do love those good ol' reed valve saws! I'm glad you guys are enjoying them too.

Hillwilliam

P42 western

[video=youtube;xNnKgAtzfxs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xNnKgAtzfxs[/video]

31" maple versus the Pioneer P42 western with 24" bar, 8 pin, My back up Windsor chain (yuck) others stuck in a pitched tree to the right.

Little rich still, new rings 40 mins out. Fuel O ring messed up, squished out.

Duane

phone video (sorry)

Last edited:
[video=youtube;xNnKgAtzfxs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xNnKgAtzfxs[/video]

31" maple versus the Pioneer P42 western with 24" bar, 8 pin, My back up Windsor chain (yuck) others stuck in a pitched tree to the right.

Duane

phone video (sorry)

That saw sure looks and sounds familiar. Nice work on the tree. Sent you a PM.

Jack

P42

That saw sure looks and sounds familiar. Nice work on the tree. Sent you a PM.

Jack

Thanks so much Jack for the rings, as you can see they are getting used. Crazy power for 66cc, and no lack or RPM's versus new piston ported saws. I am hooked.
Thing has no compression, but runs like a rap'ed ape.

Duane

IEL Super Pioneer 52

I hope to get time this summer to restore this one but I have a lot of saws I would like to get done lol [video=youtube_share;TrpZwZWTohM]http://youtu.be/TrpZwZWTohM[/video]

Duane

phone video (sorry)

Sounds great and works real nice great job

Latest posts

Back