Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DL count for 28" bar?

Anyone know what the drive link count would be for a p51 with a 28 inch sprocket nose bar? I have seen 28" chains in the 91-93 link count but am not sure which one I should try first. I am going to pull the trigger on a NOS sprocket nose 3/8 .058 28" bar from ebay, and would like to order a chain with it at the same time. Thanks for any help.

ETA: seller ad states bar number is 474761

Last edited:
Anyone know what the drive link count would be for a p51 with a 28 inch sprocket nose bar? I have seen 28" chains in the 91-93 link count but am not sure which one I should try first. I am going to pull the trigger on a NOS sprocket nose 3/8 .058 28" bar from ebay, and would like to order a chain with it at the same time. Thanks for any help.

Probably be shorter than 91, those NOS pioneer bars take funny drive counts. I have a 24'' which should take 84 and it only takes 79. I think Jerry has a book with that stuff in it.

That bar takes 92 drive links of 3/8" chain.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
mm

man your saws look good. what kind a paint you use? i assume you're doing some blasting first.

man your saws look good. what kind a paint you use? i assume you're doing some blasting first.

Thank you I dont like to blast them I use Lacquer thinner on a lot of these old saws the paint is so old if you brush on the thinner and let it sit for about ten and then brush on some more the paint washes of like fresh latex with water

Thank you I dont like to blast them I use Lacquer thinner on a lot of these old saws the paint is so old if you brush on the thinner and let it sit for about ten and then brush on some more the paint washes of like fresh latex with water

thanks. several of mine are like that. gonna give it a try since i don't have a blaster anyway. so do you use rattle cans, spray rig, powder coat? if its a trade secret don't worry bout it.

thanks. several of mine are like that. gonna give it a try since i don't have a blaster anyway. so do you use rattle cans, spray rig, powder coat? if its a trade secret don't worry bout it.[/QUOT
No trade secrets rattle cans I have used paint stripier but dot like to use it if I can help it you use the thinner make sure it not to hot out side when you use it because it will dry up to fast the longer it stays wet the better Have you done very many saws ? love to see one if you have I love to see old saws brought back to life

thanks. several of mine are like that. gonna give it a try since i don't have a blaster anyway. so do you use rattle cans, spray rig, powder coat? if its a trade secret don't worry bout it.[/QUOT
No trade secrets rattle cans I have used paint stripier but dot like to use it if I can help it you use the thinner make sure it not to hot out side when you use it because it will dry up to fast the longer it stays wet the better Have you done very many saws ? love to see one if you have I love to see old saws brought back to life

naw. i just got the bug year or so ago. mostly been concentrating on rebuilding mechanically. got the urge to do full-blown resto but just haven't taken the jump. figured i need to get my mechanics down first. don't want my saws to be all show, no go. i was looking at a "change color with different angle" paint yesterday. considering it for my C5. yeah, i know, not a true resto but still thinking about it. any particular brand of paint you like? also, do you clear coat?

Iel ha pioneer

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
-----Thanks Jerry hear is my HA they are red I hope to make it look as good as the yellow HB if I ever get time way to many saws wating lol

Last edited:
While we're into the H models, though I might as well share my HM. The fuel line, oil cap, and chain have since been replaced. Chain was stretched beyond adjustment. Underneath the fuel tank it looks like they just welded the HA sections together and eliminated the intake pivot.

If that red HA gets lonely, I'm sure it would find happiness next to my HM.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

While we're into the H models, though I might as well share my HM. The fuel line, oil cap, and chain have since been replaced. Chain was stretched beyond adjustment. Underneath the fuel tank it looks like they just welded the HA sections together and eliminated the intake pivot.

If that red HA gets lonely, I'm sure it would find happiness next to my HM.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
Wow very nice you have done an excellent job thanks for sharing your work its really great to see these old saws come back to life like that

Hm

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
--------Hear is HM no wear as nice as yours not even close to yours lol I got it from a Friend that gave up collecting he restored it he gave it to me for free so I cant complain about his work

Latest posts

Back