Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P62

ArboristSite Operative
Pioneer paint

Can anyone help out with the paint codes for the older Pioneer saws. A friend of mine is restoring his fathers Pioneer 620 Super. The cream colour might be the same as the 600 and older RA saws.

P62

ArboristSite Operative
IEL Pioneer Sign

DSCF0711.jpg

An IEL Pioneer sign I picked up today. A friend of mine found this a while back. Great shape for the age. It takes up a lot of wall space.

P62

ArboristSite Operative
IEL Sign

The sign has a few small rust spots and some paint missing on the left side near the middle. I don't think it was ever used. There is room at the bottom for a dealer name. Just short of 4ft x 6ft. It helps to have people looking for you.

Modifiedmark
Ok Pioneer fans. Tell me about this 1110 I just aquired today. It looks very lightly used compression feels real good etc, but its missing the primer assy and air filter.

Looks like someone tried to retrofit a week wacker primer bulb to it leaving the square hole in the airbox open as well. :hmm3grin2orange:

I would imagine finding a working primer assy would be not likely but got to looking and the HS on it used the same needle spacing, throttle linkage etc as a HS59A that was used on the Poulan 306A and I just happen to know a guy who might have a few of those carbs laying around. :msp_unsure:

Would just need to find a way to close off the hole in the airbox and find a choke rod to work.

Maybe it isnt worth messing with either?

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
Ok Pioneer fans. Tell me about this 1110 I just aquired today. It looks very lightly used compression feels real good etc, but its missing the primer assy and air filter.

Looks like someone tried to retrofit a week wacker primer bulb to it leaving the square hole in the airbox open as well. :hmm3grin2orange:

I would imagine finding a working primer assy would be not likely but got to looking and the HS on it used the same needle spacing, throttle linkage etc as a HS59A that was used on the Poulan 306A and I just happen to know a guy who might have a few of those carbs laying around. :msp_unsure:

Would just need to find a way to close off the hole in the airbox and find a choke rod to work.

Maybe it isnt worth messing with either?

Not shure if the carb off the 306 will work, it might but the Tillotson carb from a HomeliteXL12 or XLAutomatic will work and the choke linkage will also work on the 1110. I have rebuilt a lot of those OEM primers off that series saw but they are sort of a pain in the butt, the choke carb works equally as good. It was the prefered swap back in the day.

Modifiedmark
Not shure if the carb off the 306 will work, it might but the Tillotson carb from a HomeliteXL12 or XLAutomatic will work and the choke linkage will also work on the 1110. I have rebuilt a lot of those OEM primers off that series saw but they are sort of a pain in the butt, the choke carb works equally as good. It was the prefered swap back in the day.

Jerry, I just came in and seen I might have jumped the gun on this one.

I got to thinking and rememberd that I had a Pioneer 1200 in pieces for parts. I dug it out and it looks like the carb, choke rod and all will bolt right on this thing. I also found the air filter for it, so it looks like I have all the parts to swap the carb on it to a choke version.

I do think the 306 HS59A will fit on it but I do know the fuel inlet nipple is bigger on them but that could be changed if needed.

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
Jerry, I just came in and seen I might have jumped the gun on this one.

I got to thinking and rememberd that I had a Pioneer 1200 in pieces for parts. I dug it out and it looks like the carb, choke rod and all will bolt right on this thing. I also found the air filter for it, so it looks like I have all the parts to swap the carb on it to a choke version.

I do think the 306 HS59A will fit on it but I do know the fuel inlet nipple is bigger on them but that could be changed if needed.

That should work fine if you have one at your disposal, the felt wick in the tank can be a pain when they start falling apart they will constantly clog the carb up with fibers. Not all of the 1110`s had the felt wick but the ones that did are a bit problematic.

P62

ArboristSite Operative
P65

DSCF0722.jpg

DSCF0723.jpg

I ordered new decals for the P65 I picked up a few weeks ago. Joe at Sugar Creek Supply did a great job on the decals and very reasonable to. He has most Pioneer and Pioneer Partner models. The bar is a NOS one I had. I also picked upa couple of bar stencils from him as well. They look great as well. Will have to try my hand a painting a bar.

huck01955

huck01955

ArboristSite Guru
DSCF0722.jpg

DSCF0723.jpg

I ordered new decals for the P65 I picked up a few weeks ago. Joe at Sugar Creek Supply did a great job on the decals and very reasonable to. He has most Pioneer and Pioneer Partner models. The bar is a NOS one I had. I also picked upa couple of bar stencils from him as well. They look great as well. Will have to try my hand a painting a bar.

Wow that is a real nice P65 I have never seen one in person very nice score Jeff :msp_w00t:

Modifiedmark
That should work fine if you have one at your disposal, the felt wick in the tank can be a pain when they start falling apart they will constantly clog the carb up with fibers. Not all of the 1110`s had the felt wick but the ones that did are a bit problematic.

Just a quick look at the fuel line on this one makes me think that it is not the wick style pickup. Thats a good thing. Yeah I got all the stuff here to do the coversion so when I get time, I probably will make a runner out of it since it seems to be in pretty good shape. Not sure I would mess with finding all the primer stuff thats missing otherwise.