Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
big dawg

Would you part with it? :)

Hope you're not talking about my first Pioneer that's like part of the family.

If you mean the big, fang-like single bucking spike, you can have it for shipping cost.

Hillwilliam

Hey ChainsawmanXX,

It appears your PM inbox is full. If you want the one extra big dawg that I have instead of a pair from evil-bay, I can send it off on Monday. Have anything to trade? Also, I can include bolts/ washers if you want.

Hillwilliam

Looking for a spark plug cover/door for a 3200.

attachment.php

Some rummy subed in a lawnmower plug and lost the cover.

hello people... i need a help...i have a pioneer P26 chainsaw...and me and my father want to fix that old monster and bring it back to life...ok, problem is that the cosmetic on cylinder is 100% damaged...and i want to buy that part...i only found a used cylinder for P26,which is pretty dameged...and a brand new cylinder for P25...question is...are cylinders from P25 and P26 the same...and is that good idea to put a cylinder for p25 into p26 or not?

sorry for bad english... :)

hello people... i need a help...i have a pioneer P26 chainsaw...and me and my father want to fix that old monster and bring it back to life...ok, problem is that the cosmetic on cylinder is 100% damaged...and i want to buy that part...i only found a used cylinder for P26,which is pretty dameged...and a brand new cylinder for P25...question is...are cylinders from P25 and P26 the same...and is that good idea to put a cylinder for p25 into p26 or not?

Good on you for wanting to fix up a good old Pioneer, welcome to the site. The cylinder and piston from a P25 is not completely identical to a P26 but should fit and work with no problems. The piston from a P25 would have two piston rings and the piston from a P26 would have one piston ring. The P25 is an older design but everything should bolt right up to a P26 and work fine.

P26 parts

P26 cylinder #507431400, Ebay ( customchainsawparts ) NEW- $20.00+ shipping
P26 piston #507475350, ( Jacks Small Engines ) NEW- $12.78+ shipping
P26 ring #507473155, ( I do not have a source, maybe someone from this site can help)

Good luck with the P26

You can't beat the above link Art posted.
Bryce is a member here. I buy from him almost weekly. Even though the listing does not mention P26, like Jerry mentioned.... the P25 is the same cylinder. The P26 cylinder part number is (507)431400 same as the ebay listing above.
Here is an IPL if it helps you. http://www.rottmansales.com/IPLs/Pioneer/P26_OPT.pdf

Please stick with us and let us know the progress or if you need any other parts.
Like I mentioned before, it's great to know there's at least one running Pioneer in Serbia. :rock:
A member here just posted pics of a truck load of saws he bought. It looked like several Pioneers in the crates.
I will ask him if he may have something that will work for you.

Ed

Last edited:
I'm late to the party, but I'm quite sure I can find all the parts you need for that P-26.:)

You can't beat the above link Art posted.
Bryce is a member here. I buy from him almost weekly. Even though the listing does not mention P26, like Jerry mentioned.... the P25 is the same cylinder. The P26 cylinder part number is (507)431400 same as the ebay listing above.
Here is an IPL if it helps you. http://www.rottmansales.com/IPLs/Pioneer/P26_OPT.pdf

Please stick with us and let us know the progress or if you need any other parts.
Like I mentioned before, it's great to know there's at least one running Pioneer in Serbia. :rock:
A member here just posted pics of a truck load of saws he bought. It looked like several Pioneers in the crates.
I will ask him if he may have something that will work for you.

Ed
i'm still sorting. will get back later.

yes...but one question for you...can you find a brand new parts?

If you need brand new parts, you'll have to look on ebay and such.

If you want good used parts to get your saw running, I have some.

wingo: Serviceable used parts is what most all of us go with on old magnesium saws.

New old stock is usually nonexistant or very expensive.

Piston rings you can get from an ebay seller known as 'The Greek' who lists them in cylinder bore by thickness (metric) measurement. Generally we make our own gaskets from rolls of material obtained at our local automobile parts store.

paccity: If you come accross a spark plug door for a Pioneer 3200 or 3270 in that pile, I could use it.

Last edited:
Back