Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IEL Pioneer Super Twin Cutaway Chainsaw

Here are few updated photos of the SuperTwin cutaway I posted a while back. It now has a 5 ft bar & chain
and a yellow handle on the bar end. I beleive the yellow would indicate that it came from the last couple of years of production?? ANy thoughts on that??
IEL20Completed20001-1.jpg

IEL20Completed20006.jpg

IEL20Completed20002-1.jpg

Paccity, any Pioneer NU-17's... keep an eye out for a good coil (i heard a p60 or similar coil might work?) and an primer button... as well as the flywheel nut and washer.

Not in any rush here. Just hope that you can stumble upon a few good parts so I can get the saw back together.

Here are few updated photos of the SuperTwin cutaway I posted a while back. It now has a 5 ft bar & chain
and a yellow handle on the bar end. I beleive the yellow would indicate that it came from the last couple of years of production?? ANy thoughts on that??
IEL20Completed20001-1.jpg

IEL20Completed20006.jpg

IEL20Completed20002-1.jpg

That just plain looks MEAN ! :hmm3grin2orange: And very good I should add! May not be just right,but I would pain that end to match the saw.

part what i most need now is cylinder...tell me some details about that...cosmetic thread and other :D

Chris is trying to help you out with good used parts. I'm not sure what you mean by cosmetic. If Chris says they are good and usable.... you better believe they are. If your wanting new shinny stuff, you won't find that here.
He's trying to help, let him know exactly what you are in need of.

part what i most need now is cylinder...tell me some details about that...cosmetic thread and other :D

I have a used cylinder. It looks used. It's in good shape. I can probably find a saw to rob that I can do a compression test on before I take it apart. All the threads will be fine. I won't send something halfway around the world that isn't going to work for you.

You can't beat the above link Art posted.
Bryce is a member here. I buy from him almost weekly. Even though the listing does not mention P26, like Jerry mentioned.... the P25 is the same cylinder. The P26 cylinder part number is (507)431400 same as the ebay listing above.
Here is an IPL if it helps you. http://www.rottmansales.com/IPLs/Pioneer/P26_OPT.pdf

Please stick with us and let us know the progress or if you need any other parts.
Like I mentioned before, it's great to know there's at least one running Pioneer in Serbia. :rock:
A member here just posted pics of a truck load of saws he bought. It looked like several Pioneers in the crates.
I will ask him if he may have something that will work for you.

Ed
all i have is some p28's ,super1200, 2460,1100,2200. 3740. fraser.

after months of searching i've again fulfilled the adage that "even a blind hog finds an acorn". yall think this is worth $15? got spark, good compression, p&c looks good through the muffler. needs a chain and the carb cleaned up/rebuilt. bwahahaha! i'm just plain pickled tink.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have a used cylinder. It looks used. It's in good shape. I can probably find a saw to rob that I can do a compression test on before I take it apart. All the threads will be fine. I won't send something halfway around the world that isn't going to work for you.

that is what i want to hear... :D I'll be here in 2 days...

after months of searching i've again fulfilled the adage that "even a blind hog finds an acorn". yall think this is worth $15? got spark, good compression, p&c looks good through the muffler. needs a chain and the carb cleaned up/rebuilt. bwahahaha! i'm just plain pickled tink.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Worth $15 to me anyway. The coils are scarce for those electronic ones and the fixed H carbs are a pain, but good saws other than that. Not overpowered by any means, but fun.:clap:

A/F cover is mint too, that's worth twice the price of the saw.

got a question bout the p28e. obviously it needs a chain but the bar looks to be in good condition. the sm and ipl indicate it is 0.325 pitch and 0.058 gauge. the sprocket is just okay but will need replacing in short order. got options and need some guidance.

what advantage, if any, does the 0.325 have over the 0.375? same for 0.058 over the 0.050?
if i just replace the chain (obvious short-term solution) what is a good oregon or stihl chain?

saw will be used for firewooding in dirty wood so i'm gonna get a semi-chisel.

thanks guys.

got a question bout the p28e. obviously it needs a chain but the bar looks to be in good condition. the sm and ipl indicate it is 0.325 pitch and 0.058 gauge. the sprocket is just okay but will need replacing in short order. got options and need some guidance.

what advantage, if any, does the 0.325 have over the 0.375? same for 0.058 over the 0.050?
if i just replace the chain (obvious short-term solution) what is a good oregon or stihl chain?

saw will be used for firewooding in dirty wood so i'm gonna get a semi-chisel.

thanks guys.

I'm not sure those saws have the power to pull .375, I have .325 on all of mine and they work well. The .058 seemed to be a Pioneer thing, all of the original Pioneer bars I have are .058, but there is no advantage I can see over .050. Stihl semi chisel would be 25RMC, if you can find it. I don't think oregon makes what you're looking for except for 21LPX, which is bumper drive link.

Those saws use a KO95 bar which is small tail husky mount, so you can just switch to .050 gauge when you get a new bar, which will give you a few more options.

Got this p51.
Having carb problems? Fuel is seeping out of the top of the carb (small hole, I guess its for vent? I couldnt find blockage in the system? But it runs good until you put it in wood and it bogs down and dies?

Got this p51.
Having carb problems? Fuel is seeping out of the top of the carb (small hole, I guess its for vent? I couldnt find blockage in the system? But it runs good until you put it in wood and it bogs down and dies?

Jacob, that's a very dangerous situation. They do that right before they blow up into many pieces. I don't want to see you get hurt, so send me the saw and I'll safely dispose of it. :D

Get that jug I sent you yet?

Stihl semi chisel would be 25RMC,

Just by chance I have some 25rmc and rsc. The wife picked it up at a dealer closeout auction. Just for kicks I switched the tip on a oregon .058 gauge bar over to .325 to run on a 385 husky. Its a 24" bar also switched to a 9 tooth rim. So far its been very good.
Bob

i have a p50 pioneer older that has the strange coil setup no spark need help ??
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/1465/img4532h.jpg

Ben, I might have a piece or two for that ign. It was several months ago I sent a complete system to a member here... I can remember who now.
I'm not sure how to test the individual parts to tell what's bad. I'll keep my eyes open for a one piece ign for you.
You might be able to use a Atom/Nova module in place of the condenser and other thing, just use the coil and module. It might work then.

Back