Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mistake. I didn't put it in the cart, once there it is zero balance.
Jacks Small Engine does. It's cheaper than ordertree, just shy of $10 with shipping. Jacks often has quite a few parts. If you find them all at any single outlet it saves shipping cost.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...bww63Bs7clYQt5WAQ&sig2=vVTCc-CTEdHEnTzkAQURJw
Lou

I have to wonder why so many of these on line stores show stuff in stock and then don't have it, especially when they come back and say sorry it's NLA but it's still up there for sale.

Ed: If you have a NOS ring for a P-41 handy, measure the width for me and let me know. The pair I put in this carcass measured .0805" wide by my dial caliper. They have nearly squat for cylinder wall tension.

It may be the problem as it only pumps 100 as it stands now.

I was hoping the dynamic comp. would be enuff for him to run.

Thanks.

Carl.

Carl, I measured the new P41 rings and the width I got is .080. The thickness is .022.
Did yo use new rings? Did you check the end gap?

@ fossil:
Mo. Jim is right. Ordertree is Poulan's parts outlet. They have 507430573 in stock $ 1.96. Poulan E-Store
Lou

They do show it in stock but apparently the case gasket alone is NLA. They do have the complete gasket sets which includes the case gasket.

I lost hart untill I plugged in the set number (507475492). Ordered the set. Let's see if they actually show up.

Carl, I measured the new P41 rings and the width I got is .080. The thickness is .022.
Did yo use new rings? Did you check the end gap?

No & No Couldn't do anything about it.

So, the new rings are same width as the worn pair I put in my P-41 and in Jim's P-40. The P-41 developes good 'nuff pressure but the P-40 didn't. Has to be wall tension was gone on the one pair as they measured a half thousands over .080" on both sets.

New rings showed up on evilbay the day after I got the P-40 together.:bang:

I got the crankcase split on the 655 this evening. The screws had been dipped in epoxy on installation. My old Rockford impact screwdriver got a workout.

Now comes the cleanup and fix the fallen out window pane (pain!) repair.

I'm thinking besides the JB weld, two or three #4-40 or #2-56 screws for good measure.

I'll post pics. of that action.

Last edited:
PP-655 piston damage.

Pics. of the cylinder didn't turn out but damage was minimal.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Rockford impact driver & B.F.H.

attachment.php

Got him many years ago when tinkering on motorcycles. Great for &%$#% tight slotted and phillips head screws.

Anyone have an idea what IEL model the saw is?
From a for sale ad.

attachment.php

Tim The saw on the right is an IEL/Pioneer HC The top medalion is missing. The Pioneer 700 looks to be complete. Price is right, go for it.

Tim The saw on the right is an IEL/Pioneer HC The top medalion is missing. The Pioneer 700 looks to be complete. Price is right, go for it.

I picked them up. The HC is complete and has good compression. Every part of the saw has been painted with rattle can paint.

The 700 will need a muffler and the clutch cover is in poor shape but I think I can repair it. Compression feels good but not checked yet.

Thanks Jeff. Any idea where carb diaphragms can be had for the Pioneer carbs?

I can vouch for those guys too. They have a bit of NOS Pioneer and Partner stuff.

Don't think Bantasaw will stock any OMC kits for the 700. I've gotten several repros from Joe Salva (Sugar Creek Supply) and they have been excellent. Ask anyone who ran my restored 750 at the last GTG. The stupid primer is another story entirely.

BTW, nice 700. If you don't feel up to the task, I'll take it off your hands.

Chris B.

Don't think Bantasaw will stock any OMC kits for the 700. I've gotten several repros from Joe Salva (Sugar Creek Supply) and they have been excellent. Ask anyone who ran my restored 750 at the last GTG. The stupid primer is another story entirely.

Chris B.

Thanks Chris. Hopefully I can get it running well. I know you like your collection of them.
I have a 4200 and a 5200 that I have to strip down and paint before I can get to the Pioneers.

Chris B.

I swear to god your a lazy and picky opportunist.
:hmm3grin2orange:

Back