Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My P62 seems to have a weak magnet on the flywheel causing the spark to be real feint. Are there any websites that show interchange for that flywheel? I'm trying to find out if a P60 flywheel is the same. The one I located lists P40, P50, P60. View attachment 362033
in my Pioneer book yours has a different number 803 than all of the others 645.

I've done a bit more digging into my saw and discovered that both of the brand new NGK spark plugs I bought are junk. They both share the same very feint spark, but when I plug in an old dirty Bosch it sparks bright and strong.

My P62 seems to have a weak magnet on the flywheel causing the spark to be real feint. Are there any websites that show interchange for that flywheel? I'm trying to find out if a P60 flywheel is the same. The one I located lists P40, P50, P60. View attachment 362033

Just a heads up: The solid state/electronic ignitions on the newer saws don't produce near the strong spark that the old magneto systems at cranking speed.

On many I've had to use one or two vice grips and turn out the room light to be able to see the spark. P-41's in particular.

Yup, the darn saws are crowding in on him again.

The push mower between the cars found a new home today. The other is our s.p. user for near twenty years. I can't pass up a Lawnboy at a garage sale.
i have had / have many NOS parts for Lawnboy mowers. I have 3 F series right now and sold two Tecumseh engine ones today

I've done a bit more digging into my saw and discovered that both of the brand new NGK spark plugs I bought are junk. They both share the same very feint spark, but when I plug in an old dirty Bosch it sparks bright and strong.
394 died on me one day... thought coil, but tried swappin plugs first. cheap fix... never had a plug drop dead like that...

I have been doing small engine repair for 5 years or so and have had a plug go south only a hand full of times, It is a relief when you find it out sooner than later in the repair game.

always wondered what the L36 in yer handle was...

RPO L36.......regular production option 390hp 427 turbojet...........ya da, ya da, ya da............................

Interesting note: Twenty 1967 RPO L88's rolled off the assembly line. There must be hundreds out there by now. LOL

Latest posts

Back