Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pioneerguy600 said:
Thanks for the post gink595, with a little cleanup and possibly some paint it could look like this one.

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

Pioneerguy600
Hope mine looks this nice, beutiful.

Really sorry about the delay in the answer, I didn't have the thread watched I guess. If I remember right it was a stack that came with an old Dolmar that I picked up, I can look for some numbers on it.
Oh now worries! I've been rather bad about gettin on here latley. Recently started a new job and my truck spun a con rod bearing so that's been fun. Yeah that would be helpfull I was just gona make my own by heating up some. Pvc fittings and bending the desired shape its gona take some figuring though I sourced some v stacks from an rc car parts place so Its gona be a tight fit with a v stack and an elbow . I may have to bend up a different throttle linkage by the looks of it!

Pioneer Partner PLUS Saws
I recently picked up a Pioneer Partner P52 PLUS and a pair of P39 PLUS saws. They are the only plus saws I have parts books for. Did they make any others? It will be interesting to see if there is any power difference in the saws. Was the PLUS a boost ported cylinder? It appears to be the same part number as the none Plus saw!

Pioneer Partner PLUS Saws
I recently picked up a Pioneer Partner P52 PLUS and a pair of P39 PLUS saws. They are the only plus saws I have parts books for. Did they make any others? It will be interesting to see if there is any power difference in the saws. Was the PLUS a boost ported cylinder? It appears to be the same part number as the none Plus saw!

Don't know if there were other 'Plus' saws. I've heard that some late P52s had a boost port, but I never saw one. I got a P39 Plus off Fleabay for a buddy a while ago, and I've had it apart to some extent. No boost port in that one, but it has fiber reeds which may account for the plus sign. Nothing special about the carb either on that one. That's the only 'Plus' I've seen, so i don't know much.

My P45s (I guess that's what they are, 'cause stickers are long gone) do have boost ports. I don't think they ever said 'Plus' on them.

Grabbed a 1073 powerhead today, a runner. $25. I've got a lot of those middleweight 1073/1074/P25/P26 types. I need to get them together and get them out the door. Keep one, along with a 1100/1130/1200 series. I want to cut down my Pioneer collection to keep one of each generation / family, but not several.

Probably keep my 600, one NU17, a 1073/1074, a P25/P26, an 1100W, and maybe the 58cc variant of that design, an 1130 or 1200. I didn't really want to sell my 1200A, but it was a strong runner when someone came looking for one, and I didn't have another ready. Reasonable chance I might get it back at some point though..

Haven't even got into the PP types there are a few S55's, a P38 and similar units I don't know anything about yet.

View attachment 396967 View attachment 396969
scooped this up today for 150. came with a full gas can of mix, the guy that owned it bought it new, and said it was in storage for 15 years. it starts in three pulls and runs great. is it worth what i paid for it? it has a 32" b+c

I'd say that's a very good deal. Nice saw and looks to be in excellent shape! If you decide you want your 150 bucks back, let me know and I'll gladly take it off your hands.

Another member (many thanks Pete) picked up a non local p41 for me. Are there any SKF or other seals that match up for these? The (507) 428746 # is NLA aside from a couple of pricey hits on ebay that I can tell. A search of a few Poulan distributors for the PP655/455 show NLA.

Just trying to get parts in order.

TIA.

Hello to all.
I'm trying to find a replacement piston for my new P62 find. It seems the last owner straight gassed it or passed a chunk of carbon. luckily the damage didn't make it beyond the piston and rings. It has the thin ring piston. I would like to replace with another thin ring piston if possible.
Any help with the part or a nudge in the right direction to find it will be greatly appreciated.IMG_20150211_171044.jpg IMG_20150211_171124.jpg

That's the one. Thanks for the heads up.

As far as thin or thick rings, the cylinder really isn't gonna care one way or the other unless the plating integrity is already bad (IMHO).

Actually... It does. There are a few threads on this subject from this site explaining how there is an incredible difference on cylinder wear. Maybe not incredible, but enough to get my attention.
I decided it matters to me because of the non availability of new or used cylinders for this model.

Back