Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ blk05crew
I can only read the picture for the brake band of a FarmSaw but... It does not have a spring. There is closed loop (eyelet) on both ends. Maybe the cover you got was not for a FarmSaw.
If Jerry says a FarmSaw uses the same band I think it gospel!
Lou

I think it was a farm saw 2, yellow cover, so would that be different than the regular farm saw that was orange?

I have searched and cannot seem to find what model# bar and chain fits a P41. I am looking for a 20"or an 18". Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

It is hard to find the original Pioneer mounts. You should be OK with a Husqvarna/Jonsered mount. 188rndd009 for 18", 058" gauge and 208rndd009 for 20", 058" gauge. Those ran 0.058" gauge from the factory. I "think" I opened up the oiler holes with a Dremel on my 009.

Perhaps others can suggest alternate setups.

Regardless, it will certainly pull both with ease and handle a 24" if you need it. Lots of grunt.

have you try the homelite bar it just mite fit i think the bolt size is the same you mite have to drill a oil hole and you should be good

The following are from Mike Acres "Chain Saw Collectors Corner":
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/GasbyManufacturer?OpenView
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...e39f46cf37dbe4a088256e0d0051dd49?OpenDocument .

If you look up the model number on the first link (Pioneer 20), most show a "BAR MOUNT PATTERN:". Heads up... the listing often continues on the next page/pages (it doesn't explain that).
I honestly have never needed to do this but I think if you use the second link, it'd be fairly simple to modify a bar that's close (I'd think Husq or Poulan easiest).
HTH
Lou
@ GeorgiaVol: they're huge money pits... probably better if you box it up and ship to me ;).
ecblank.gif

I have a 20 on my Homelite super xl automatic. Any idea if that is close enough to check the saw out with?

Easy way to find out is to take the inner bar plate from the P41 and lay t over the bar tail. If the tension adjuster holes and the oiler hole in the saw line up with the bar plate you're good to go. The chain on the Homelite should fit fine on the 41 as well. Both should be 3/8 pitch and gauge doesn't matter.
Check the rim sprocket on the clutch to make sure no one has changed it to .404 pitch.
I think it should work

Well the homelite bar fit just fine. The oiler is just a little off, but close enough to supply a little oil. Anyway, I put it on and tried it. Works dang good. I will wait to cut something big with it when I have a correct bar for it. My local dealer has an Oregon bar for it. $75 that's quite a bit higher than my Homelite bar, but I would rather have the correct bar than rig something. Thanks to all those that helped me out.

Latest posts

Back