Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The seals are in fact a metric size, not a conversion from imperial to metric. The bearings for the old few old pioneers that I have worked on are 32XX series, which also have metric dimensions.

Neither of my FarmSaws have/ever had chain brakes. The Pioneer pn is 475241. To convert to Poulan preface it with 507. Poulan 507475241 was replaced by 507476284. A little quick research returned NLA for most but... if I'm correct that band was also used on the PP455. There's a good chance It will also fit your 655.
HTH
Lou

The P41 51 52 and 61 also list 475241 so it will likely fit the 655.

If it's any help I can take a pic of the inside of my Farmsaw brake and you can see if they look the same as your 655.

I have the farm saw cover and brake assembly I bought it today at lunch. I'll see if the band fits tonight. From what I can find, I think it should be the same as the one for the 655. Thanks fellas, I'll report back with my findings.

I have the farm saw cover and brake assembly I bought it today at lunch. I'll see if the band fits tonight. From what I can find, I think it should be the same as the one for the 655. Thanks fellas, I'll report back with my findings.

Screw the findings Nate.

Throw Lou's and my name in hat and pull one out and send the winner the saw. Jerry was in way too late.

Screw the findings Nate.

Throw Lou's and my name in hat and pull one out and send the winner the saw. Jerry was in way too late.

Man that's a great idea Tim! You know what though, I'm pretty sure I'm all out of boxes big enough to ship it. I'll just have to hang on to it I suppose.......:)

Pioneer farm saw brake band is different than the 655 and doesn't work. Tried it tonight, service manual shows a different one in the picture too.

Looks like a different # but they all look the same to me. All p series Pioneer and Poulan

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Here is a picture of the Farmsaw band that didn't work. The repair manual I have shows that the 455, 525, 655 band is different and that the one I have from the Farmsaw is the same as the Poulan 405.

20160419_074814_resized.jpg

9ee53c59584ca9a0b9386081d99b3a5e.jpg

Prevents geezer moments.

Back