Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its a old v-stack set up probably from the early 80s.i have the k&n base and am waiting for the filter i have on order for it.it would be cool to get the better v-stack project going if possible.

Looking to get some more of these going. I have been picking them up here and there, aiming to make runners. Shame the paint never seemed to adhere to these well. The 1073 is lightly used, showing virtually no sprocket wear, but the paint is coming off in flakes. It has a different clutch cover without tensioner. IPL doesn't show a tensioner though. Only on the 2073. I assume the expectation were that one pulled them tight by hand?

One of them had this odd (loose) fitting bar. My hunch is it is not OEM. A universal mount of sorts. The 3 tensioner holes closest to the tail pass oil into the rails. The nearest the tip does not. Square one reminds me of Homelite style. Bar slot is 9.5mm. First I have seen like this. Anyone familiar with this mount? What else it may be compatible with?

Pioneers - 1073 25 26 1.jpg Pioneers - 1073 25 26 2.jpg

Looking to get some more of these going. I have been picking them up here and there, aiming to make runners. Shame the paint never seemed to adhere to these well. The 1073 is lightly used, showing virtually no sprocket wear, but the paint is coming off in flakes. It has a different clutch cover without tensioner. IPL doesn't show a tensioner though. Only on the 2073. I assume the expectation were that one pulled them tight by hand?

One of them had this odd (loose) fitting bar. My hunch is it is not OEM. A universal mount of sorts. The 3 tensioner holes closest to the tail pass oil into the rails. The nearest the tip does not. Square one reminds me of Homelite style. Bar slot is 9.5mm. First I have seen like this. Anyone familiar with this mount? What else it may be compatible with?

View attachment 509025 View attachment 509026
nice group of saws, no clue on the bar what so ever

I hope you are doing great.

Try these. I think they're the foam filter guys.

http://www.unifilter.com/clamp-on/

Thanks Tim for the prompt reply, that's what l was looking for. finishing a resto on a P61 W at the moment.
Also Looking for a Metal air filter cover for P61 ( black or Green)

Maybe l should be in classifieds section for that. oooopS

Thanks Tim for the prompt reply, that's what l was looking for. finishing a resto on a P61 W at the moment.
Also Looking for a Metal air filter cover for P61 ( black or Green)

Maybe l should be in classifieds section for that. oooopS
Any chance of posting some pics of your p61 W .

Cant wait to see it , did you paint or use powder coat[/Q

UOTE]

l did not Powder coat. l stripped paint and prime then used alkaline enamel , covered with gas & oil resistance clear coat.

Attachments

• DSCN1477_748.JPG
    DSCN1477_748.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN1478_749.JPG
    DSCN1478_749.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN1479_752.JPG
    DSCN1479_752.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN1480_753.JPG
    DSCN1480_753.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN1481_754.JPG
    DSCN1481_754.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN1482_755.JPG
    DSCN1482_755.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 22
Wow looks great thanks for the pics.Been thinking about restoring mine but still runs great and looks decent.Is that a new piston and cylinder.

Thanks. yes new parts their. Are you looking for the chain brake parts for your saw? Seen your Saw to in the pics and it is good looking saw to.
l am not sure exactly sure but did C/B come optional on the Westerns or were they standard equipment?

My grandpa bought mine brand new and it did not come with it,so i would guess it was optional.I really have not looked for chain brake parts,I dont mind not having it. Been using it for fifteen years without it

Back