Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3200 /3270 guys

Is the carb to adaptor / block gasket supposed to cover the air inject idle speed hole or is it supposed to be open? Not sure if it pulls air from the carb box or where to speed things up. There's no corresponding hole in the carb. HS-39B
The saw had a standard Tillotson HS gasket in it.

Also, did you guys just put a fuel filter into the tank or keep the one (mine's MIA) or keep one in the fuel filter bowl assembly?

Thanks for any input.

DSCF3456A.jpg

3200 /3270 guys

Is the carb to adaptor / block gasket supposed to cover the air inject idle speed hole or is it supposed to be open? Not sure if it pulls air from the carb box or where to speed things up. There's no corresponding hole in the carb. HS-39B
The saw had a standard Tillotson HS gasket in it.

Also, did you guys just put a fuel filter into the tank or keep the one (mine's MIA) or keep one in the fuel filter bowl assembly?

Thanks for any input.

View attachment 604425
I just read the shop manual on that one and it appears to show air being pulled through the by-pass. I know on my 3270SC it is the later style Tilly with the semi-fixed H jet. I do not have the IS adjustment screw in the reed block. So, I am thinking that that port on the block is to remain open. That IS screw looks like it acts like a gate valve in that passage. I noticed the carb to block gasket appears to show it is punched out in that area. I don't know how accurate that is.

You have the manual?

I do and I found an old gasket from another saw to try and duplicate one. Thanks for the info Cory.
I'll let you know how it works out. I have it apart for cleaning now.

I will need to find a flywheel nut at some point as it has a hand made one on it now. Not sure if the guys I buy fasteners from carry LH thread nuts.

I'm going to have to cobble up a spark plug cover as well but I'll get it running first. I might ask you for a bunch of pics of the plug cover from your 3270SC so I can duplicate one.

I don't know if you pulled the fuel tank on yours or not but the RH side has a very thin aluminum sheet to close that side of the tank. It looks like they took some effort to get the weight down. It feels pretty light for that vintage.

Tim both holes are not blind. the Btm hole feeds L speed circuit, the top hole feeds the idle circuit. you may be able to see in pics were the holes are location on reed block. the Bubba gasket in pic is not perfect and really all you need if making one gasket is 4 holes.
l am no expert but this is my 2 2 cents worth , hope it helps

Attachments

• Lawnboy Commerci_001.JPG
    Lawnboy Commerci_001.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 23
  • Lawnboy Commerci_002.JPG
    Lawnboy Commerci_002.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 24
  • Lawnboy Commerci_003.JPG
    Lawnboy Commerci_003.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 28
  • Lawnboy Commerci_004.JPG
    Lawnboy Commerci_004.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 15
Thanks Brian.

That make sense.

I found a scan I made of a P40 gasket which is the same so I copied that. I'll give it a go as is and see what happens. The crank seals will be in my hands tomorrow so I'll get them in and put the saw back together.
That block and screw is weird. What the hell was the engineer thinking?

I found a LH thread nut at a bolt supplier today for the crank FW side.

If this thing runs it will be the winner in the missing paint contest.

Thanks Brian.

That make sense.

I found a scan I made of a P40 gasket which is the same so I copied that. I'll give it a go as is and see what happens. The crank seals will be in my hands tomorrow so I'll get them in and put the saw back together.
That block and screw is weird. What the hell was the engineer thinking?

I found a LH thread nut at a bolt supplier today for the crank FW side.

If this thing runs it will be the winner in the missing paint contest.

l gotta be a close second in that contest with the one l have.

Well, Mr. Fugly 3200 is running strong. This saw has a lot of torque. I am quite impressed by it
It is damn fugly though and will stay that way.
A vid of it it some maple.
When she's cutting she looks like Miss Universe... nothing fugly about that.

Apparently this could be a model 2460 Super Auto. no tag on Saw. came out of Peterborough plant, note the yellowish handle wrap, Red str pull cord knob not sure about, Coolur scheme not sure about, Apparently it is supposed to be a scarce saw but l cannot find much info on it. Perhaps it was a promotional saw or was in testing although l did see one of this model sell on Fle- bay with the model tag intact.
Anybody got one.

Attachments

• 2460 super auto_001.JPG
    2460 super auto_001.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 11
  • 2460 super auto_002.JPG
    2460 super auto_002.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 13
  • 2460 super auto_003.JPG
    2460 super auto_003.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 12
  • 2460 super auto_004.JPG
    2460 super auto_004.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 12
Apparently this could be a model 2460 Super Auto. no tag on Saw. came out of Peterborough plant, note the yellowish handle wrap, Red str pull cord knob not sure about, Coolur scheme not sure about, Apparently it is supposed to be a scarce saw but l cannot find much info on it. Perhaps it was a promotional saw or was in testing although l did see one of this model sell on Fle- bay with the model tag intact.
Anybody got one.

The colour is right Brian. It's a 2460 if it has the auto oiler.
I read somewhere that the 2400 and 2460 were the predecessors of the 3200 / 3270. They likely share some parts. The P&C for both are the same PN's for the non supers.

I can't help on the 2460 Super cylinder but the 3270 Super cyl is a different PN than the 3200 and 3200SC. The pistons are the same.

I had thought the green saws were export saws but I'm not sure on that.

Have a great Thanksgiving

The Dark green colour only was on the export saws, is that what you mean. l agree the parts are vary similiear visually between the 2000 and 3000 series.
l wonder whos got literature ad material on this export model?

Back