Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would it surprise you if I say I paid $15 for the 48" bar. E099 mount but I thought it would make a nice wall hanger. The guy had three skids of bars he bought at a bankruptcy sale in 1972 or 3 I think. They were destined to go to Africa but the buyer never sent the money so they sat forgotten in his warehouse until a year or so ago.

Most of the bars were hard nose in Stihl and PM Canadien mounts. I think most were 20 and 24" bars. The roller nose bars are a 10 series MAC mount but can be converted to others. The steel is very, very hard.

Tim that sucks, you hit the Holy Grail on that find. Cudo's to ya., l guess if l need a bar your the man to contact.
That bar with a chain would do a excellant job at Flaing the stinky muskie

The nos 600 clutch came today . I didnt have the tool beavers used to assemble it but got it together with my man thumbs and a vise holding the center . I cant include a case protecting washer without fabricating a depressed center washer and skipping the .085 washers I made . I ran out of shaft . I should have waited till all the parts came. Time in the shop is never wasted! I am also rethinking the .375 rim. No real good choices for a bar. What are you other 600 owners using for bars? I assume you modified something.
Tom

IMG_1578.JPG

The nos 600 clutch came today . I didnt have the tool beavers used to assemble it but got it together with my man thumbs and a vise holding the center . I cant include a case protecting washer without fabricating a depressed center washer and skipping the .085 washers I made . I ran out of shaft . I should have waited till all the parts came. Time in the shop is never wasted! I am also rethinking the .375 rim. No real good choices for a bar. What are you other 600 owners using for bars? I assume you modified something.
Tom

View attachment 615977

That's great you got your new clutch and installed garter spring on shoes. Note: Their is a correct and wrong way to install the Garter spring. correct way is to have the connection at end of spring in the middle of clutch shoe and not between clutch nshoes.

My 1450 has the injectaire carb on it, bought new in 67 it ran fine for a few years but then started to act up. Our Pioneer dealer`s mechanic could not get it to run right so it sat unused for many years. I finally fixed it and got it set up right, it cuts amazingly well now. The correct settings for the saw and carb are contained in the Pioneer repair manuals.

IMG_1945.jpg

IMG_1947.jpg

images

Some of the ideas Pioneer went ahead with wern`t exactly useful in the long run like the wick pickup in the 1100 series saws and this Inject Aire carb. The push button carb primers were another but Pioneer was trying many things new to them and the industry as well, some worked and some did not, not all innovation works out well in the long run..:)

Back