Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no idle screw . There is just a jet for air . Somethings plugged .Ill find it ..

Here are some Pics of my 14-50, it was made and purchased in Peterborough, Ont. Carb set-up same as the model 14-20 saw

Attachments

• clutch spring_001.JPG
    clutch spring_001.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 12
  • clutch spring_002.JPG
    clutch spring_002.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 13
  • clutch spring_003.JPG
    clutch spring_003.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 12
  • clutch spring_004.JPG
    clutch spring_004.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 12
Looks the same as mine . I have a 14/50 p/c on it. I wonder what besides color was differant. Galesberg is close to me but I bought it in Minnesota at a swap meet in september. Has a Sabre DW 5020 Bar on it .

Looks the same as mine . I have a 14/50 p/c on it. I wonder what besides color was differant. Galesberg is close to me but I bought it in Minnesota at a swap meet in september. Has a Sabre DW 5020 Bar on it .

The 14-50 had additional Auto - Oiler system and a different Crank. The 14-20 did not.

After careful study I came up with its to lean ! Walter you are correct. But it was lean both ways . The voodoo magic is Aire at 1-3/8 turn and fuel L 2 turns H 1-1/2 . Fossil is right these carbs are touchy . What clued me in is a slight open of the butterfly kicked in the intermedient which has a much larger jet. So I reduced aire and put more fuel to it . On to the next . My parts pony 600 arrives tomorrow .

IMG_1594.PNG

Had a little time today to cut on the 7/16 to 404 clutch conversion. The steel in the rim and spur is really hard, had to go very small cuts. Took some out of the rim I.D. and cut the spur almost off . I measured where the chain seemed to ride and went for it. First I made a plug to make the drum solid to clamp tight.
IMG_1600.JPG
After the cut it all looks good.
IMG_1603.JPG

A little silver solder and I have a winner!
IMG_1604.JPG

Had a little time today to cut on the 7/16 to 404 clutch conversion. The steel in the rim and spur is really hard, had to go very small cuts. Took some out of the rim I.D. and cut the spur almost off . I measured where the chain seemed to ride and went for it. First I made a plug to make the drum solid to clamp tight.
View attachment 616834
After the cut it all looks good.
View attachment 616836

A little silver solder and I have a winner!
View attachment 616839

Nice Job.

I think it will hold up well with silver solder . That stuff is tough and resistant . Holds gun barrels and carbide cutters on . I'm looking forward to a sharp chain and some horsepower!

Taking the parts 600 down . This thing ran and the bearings are shot. idle was super high with all the extra air . The flywheel was rubbing the case bolt with the slop. But perfect donor for project.

IMG_1614.JPG

Latest posts

Back