Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
77A476A2-23F7-4F5B-82E8-6E0A04F50A8E.jpeg
Got the Farmsaw on the bench over the weekend. Wanted to tear it down and clean it up, didn’t expect to find many surprises as it seemed to run strong. Well..wrong. Looked in the tank and found black goo death. Melted old fuel line ? Or broken down mix? Nasty either way and a pain to clean out. Ended up doing all new fuel line and filter, carb kit and needed a choke pull grommet. Oh abs decompression valve gummed up and not working. All put back together and running like a top. Skinny little 18 inch bar looks silly on it tho. Gunna have to find something a little more stout I think.

View attachment 627519
Got the Farmsaw on the bench over the weekend. Wanted to tear it down and clean it up, didn’t expect to find many surprises as it seemed to run strong. Well..wrong. Looked in the tank and found black goo death. Melted old fuel line ? Or broken down mix? Nasty either way and a pain to clean out. Ended up doing all new fuel line and filter, carb kit and needed a choke pull grommet. Oh abs decompression valve gummed up and not working. All put back together and running like a top. Skinny little 18 inch bar looks silly on it tho. Gunna have to find something a little more stout I think.

I just located some Pioneer 24" .375 bars. Would that beef it up ?

View attachment 627519
Look's great glad to hear it's running good as well.

Calling all pioneer nuts. I’ve got a little holiday 1100w here, found it in a scrap pile years ago. Threw a kit in it and cleaned the grime off and it, fired right up. I’m assuming these are suppose to be all white with a black handle? This ones got yellow parts aswell on it, been replaced at some point I’m guessing ?

Attachments

• 44ACF4A0-AD04-44F4-9CD4-BA8DCDAE1D30.jpeg
    44ACF4A0-AD04-44F4-9CD4-BA8DCDAE1D30.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
  • 4D72E54F-9294-46A0-847B-848002627D95.jpeg
    4D72E54F-9294-46A0-847B-848002627D95.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 9
  • 4D889F36-0DB8-4F6E-BFE5-BB8863293E9C.jpeg
    4D889F36-0DB8-4F6E-BFE5-BB8863293E9C.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
  • E46B87BB-10EE-45D7-B4F5-70760AD01096.jpeg
    E46B87BB-10EE-45D7-B4F5-70760AD01096.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
Intake never sees the rings
Exhaust must provide support for rings as they go by up and down

Seems if they would have pinned the piston for the rings to stay they could of opened that up more . I could see the ring spit causing serious problems if it hooked I have some Kawi triple bikes and only the oldest one has a bridged exhaust port.

Calling all pioneer nuts. I’ve got a little holiday 1100w here, found it in a scrap pile years ago. Threw a kit in it and cleaned the grime off and it, fired right up. I’m assuming these are suppose to be all white with a black handle? This ones got yellow parts aswell on it, been replaced at some point I’m guessing ?

Apparently one of the three versions (W, Y, and G) of that Holiday was yellow. They share parts in most areas with the 11-XX saws.

As near as I can tell. the largest diff between the W, Y, and G is the paint on the Y. same with the smallest diff.

View attachment 627519
I've managed to pick up a few clean Farmsaws in the valley here. Similar story on them all. Homeowner saws that saw little action and then were shelved for 30+ years.

I never tire of hearing that story.

Latest posts

Back