Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I connected the broken end coming from the points to the cool, nothing. Tried by passing the switch. Nothing. Any chance the points or condenser can just die and not work.
Contacts on the points may be pitted or dirty, needs good clean metal to metal contact to transmit electrical charge. If the condenser is still good then you will get spark but they are getting very old by now,may need a new one .

So I connected the broken end coming from the points to the cool, nothing. Tried by passing the switch. Nothing. Any chance the points or condenser can just die and not work.

Use an ohm meter to check if the pionts are grounded all the time. Also check the points for corrosion preventing the contacts from touching. The contacts have to touch together and open every turn of the flywheel. Probly the points. If all checks are good look at the coil.
Beat me to it pioneerguy . lol

Weather is great here for a day , still 64 degrees was 74 today. Snow this weekend . Tuned a couple saws and cut a little. Did the spring oil/filters change on Frankensplitter. Shes a mix of available pieces. Electric start 14 hp garden tractor motor , grain auger axel with vintage tires , I beam and some hydro parts off stuff at the junkyard . Split just enough wood to call it ready.

IMG_2249.PNG IMG_2248.JPG

Weather is great here for a day , still 64 degrees was 74 today. Snow this weekend . Tuned a couple saws and cut a little. Did the spring oil/filters change on Frankensplitter. Shes a mix of available pieces. Electric start 14 hp garden tractor motor , grain auger axel with vintage tires , I beam and some hydro parts off stuff at the junkyard . Split just enough wood to call it ready.

View attachment 646243 View attachment 646244

Had a lot of fun building wood splitters from assorted cast off parts, was lucky to have an excavation business close by that was constantly junking older machines that had worn out drive and carriage parts but the hydraulics were salvageable.Had the most fun scrounging up the parts and sorting them into a semblance of order to make a functioning machine.

19d0dd403bf9ed5de3a1c067a541fd61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back