Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No sticker up by the handle on top. Interesting that my P61 western has the sticker on top and no ID tag but this saw has the opposite. Looks identical to my P61 Western, just smaller. Is the bore size different between the P40 41 42?
No the bore size is the same for those saws, but the p38 has a smaller bore. My p61 western just has the sticker as well. Does your p61 western say p61 gfw on it?

Here’s my P61 Western. Just got her going. Needed new reeds. Put the dual Boyesen reeds in it. Throttle response is nuts off idle
View attachment 648867
Very nice saw you got there. I really like the bar you have on it. I got my p61 western from my grandpa after he passed away. He was the original owner of the saw.

I don’t have a clue. W is for western. I got it off eBay. Seller was up in the north west corner of Oregon on the coast. Whoever that is I see them selling old saws occasionally. Hardly anyone bid on it. Suprised me. All I did was basic stuff except for the reeds and she’s a runner. Hopefully this weekend I can get it in wood.

I don’t have a clue. W is for western. I got it off eBay. Seller was up in the north west corner of Oregon on the coast. Whoever that is I see them selling old saws occasionally. Hardly anyone bid on it. Suprised me. All I did was basic stuff except for the reeds and she’s a runner. Hopefully this weekend I can get it in wood.
Here is a few pics of my p61 western.20180427_172806.jpg 20180427_172934.jpg 20180427_172916.jpg

Latest posts

Back