Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMC Poioneer chainsaws tag was on the Saws until closed in June 17/ 1977 here in the Pictures below on Monagham Rd , Romaine St and Parkhill Rd in Peterborough , Ontario Canada. After that they relocated & moved South Peterborough to Neil Drive and the Saws were Tagged Pioneer Saws Corporated.
Pic # 1 is were the Outboard engines were produced on right side. & left side Lawnboy mowers were made
Pic #2 & 3 &4 is rear of main building and the vacant lot is the location of Die cast foundry was located
Pic #5 is now a Canue museum and was OMC engineering & design location, this is were the Blueprints & engineers went to work from
Pic #6 is the empty lot now were the building attached to the other 2 buildings you see in pic . this location is were the chainsaws were manufactured and also Retailed the dealer parts orders were picked and shipped from. Apparently some lawn boy stuff came from this location as well.
Pic #9 was a entrance coming offRomaine St into plant, you can see a old sign post. l am not really sure what sign looked like.
Pic #10 is another entrance into the plant coming from Romaine St

Too bad it's a canoe museum and not still the Pioneer factory or museum. Canoes are cool but not Pioneer chainsaw cool.

Thanks for sharing the pictures

My P60 ran good at the gtg last weekend. Could have went with a 7 pin instead of the 8 but it ran good .View attachment 657237 View attachment 657238 View attachment 657239
I enjoyed you saw. The only Pioneer I've ever seen in person, before yours, was a 700D I picked up at the scrap yard for $12.50 cents. An hour after I posted a pic, a member here made me an honest offer, so I let it go. I had the only Red saw there, wish I had put the 36" bar on it, but the 24 was sharp, and the 36 was on the mill.

Latest posts

Back