Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reference the blue Vs white coils, I've had and have an assortment of both. A couple of my big Pioneers I know had the original coils in them when I got the saws. A 51 had the blue and a 60 had the white. Both were made around 1980 from memory.

Had an old dealer tell me about 15 years ago that there wasn't a difference between the two colored coils and they were interchangeable. That has been my experience.

One thing is for sure, blue or white ones don't seem to last any better than one another and they're all hard to come by these days!

Question for the experts.
I got a couple decals from joe at sugar creek supply yesterday. They do awesome work. Great product.
B8090B30-3200-4EC8-9DBB-878DE9CF3C1A.jpeg
Joe seems convinced that these poulan/pioneer saws had black decals, and look grey after years of use. Mines clearly grey. All my plastics and rubbers are grey. What’s the call here. I recall seeing these saws with grey or black trim. Any one have any insight? Thx
Kevin

Question for the experts.
I got a couple decals from joe at sugar creek supply yesterday. They do awesome work. Great product.
View attachment 685112
Joe seems convinced that these poulan/pioneer saws had black decals, and look grey after years of use. Mines clearly grey. All my plastics and rubbers are grey. What’s the call here. I recall seeing these saws with grey or black trim. Any one have any insight? Thx
Kevin
The black trimmed saws were from earlier in the run of saws. The grey trim was towards the end of the run. The Pioneer/Partner saws were the same way. I would ask him for a grey decal set as your saw has the grey trim. You may want to send him pictures of your grey decals.

He doesn’t make grey decal sets. Yet. Only black in that series. Does anyone have a nos grey decal we can send joe to get a colour match done so he can make this set in grey now. Thanks for the help so far guys.

I’m not at home, but I can tell from this pic last night. Buddy was trying to make me dismantle the saw to figure it out. What a guy...

6D06C38C-1B84-4317-9ADD-1867C4500612.jpeg

Back