Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all

Inherited a 3071 which was in working order until the fuel line in the tank let go. Afraid to start tearing this thing apart as there are very few resources for rebuild parts and manuals.

Would like to give it a cosmetic cleanup and start using the old girl (she screams!) but I need to figure out how to install a new section of fuel line inside the tank. It’s not a feed-through but separate sections of line on the inside and outside of the tank next to the carb

Any resources you could link to would be fantastic, thanks in advance

Semmy

Attachments

• A2B3B9C5-20D2-4F62-B347-A8AFF221985C.jpeg
    A2B3B9C5-20D2-4F62-B347-A8AFF221985C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
Hey all

Inherited a 3071 which was in working order until the fuel line in the tank let go. Afraid to start tearing this thing apart as there are very few resources for rebuild parts and manuals.

Would like to give it a cosmetic cleanup and start using the old girl (she screams!) but I need to figure out how to install a new section of fuel line inside the tank. It’s not a feed-through but separate sections of line on the inside and outside of the tank next to the carb

Semmy
Not sure about your model. but my saw has a barbed grommet that unscrews from the fuel tank wall with a wrench, pretty simple to take off and install new hose

Not sure about your model. but my saw has a barbed grommet that unscrews from the fuel tank wall with a wrench, pretty simple to take off and install new hose

Just found a really good file with an exploded view and parts list. Will see what that looks like but appears the oil line has a crack in it so will need to pull the flywheel off as well. Likely will have to replace a bunch of the soft parts due to age. Really old saw, not even a pivot grip on it.

http://s30387.gridserver.com/partsDiagrams/Pioneer 3071.pdf

Hey all

Semmy
Check your inbox for the ipl and service manual.

Hey all

Semmy
You can see the barb at the front of the carb box on your pic. Can’t remember if you need to pull the foam piece or not. It’s straight forward job tho.

Thanks for the help guys!

Going to make a few phone calls on this one, as I don’t know if this thing has ever been taken apart. Try as I might, using both methods of puller and hammer I cannot get the flywheel to come free of the crankshaft. I actually got the puller centered nicely on the crank applying pressure on the flywheel and gave it some solid whacks, wouldn’t budge. Will give it another WD40 soak overnight on that spot and try again tomorrow

Haven’t tried heat before to break a joint like this loose, and with all this oil and sawdust in it would have to give it a good cleaning before I put a flame anywhere near it

The oil line behind the crank was so brittle it broke apart into little pieces and without being able to get the flywheel off this saw is a paperweight. Inside of the saw is a thin slurry of sawdust and oil which has actually done a nice job of preserving the components inside.

Needs some bar ID help,
Windsor 30” I think
5032-98
B30X
993750799e79b178072988e5fcd144a8.jpg
00861d3079084bd9461fe340394e7fbc.jpg
53cb092d9274886611a12060a345a55d.jpg

I was thinking 3/8” x .050 98 DL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well after messing with this P50 on and off again for the past few months I finally figured out why it wouldn't start.... probably the first thing I should have checked, given that it ran before I took it apart. :dizzy: I've never sheared a key before, so I didn't even think to look.

image-20190314_183648.jpg

did chew up the taper a little on the flywheel, but I think with some lapping compound I can make it good again. Maybe then it'll finally run after its rebuild. I put new rings, bearings and seals in it, and ditched the base gasket. Its a bit of a bear to pull over.

Haven’t tried heat before to break a joint like this loose, and with all this oil and sawdust in it would have to give it a good cleaning before I put a flame anywhere near it

I would definitely recommend using heat on the pioneer flywheels. They seem to always be stuck on there really tight. I use a small plumbers torch on propane or MAPP and get it good and hot while there is tension on the puller, then give the puller a few whacks with a big hammer. Its that or alternate heat and penetrating oil for a few nights.

There are a few pioneer collectors in the GVRD if you need help.

Back