Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Three more from the Pacific Northwest.
I worked with a guy named Mike in the 90s. We both ran Pioneers. Called him last week looking for parts and he didn't have any. He did have some chainsaws, but could not remember how many. I asked if he would like to peddle them and these are what he showed up with. Have cleaned them up some, it appears they were stored in the chicken house. All now running strong. Still need a little tinkering, some parts swapped, but here is how they are today.

Attachments

• 655 w:boost port (2).jpg
    655 w:boost port (2).jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Pro 455 w:boost port (1).jpg
    Pro 455 w:boost port (1).jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 30
  • P61 Western (1).jpg
    P61 Western (1).jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 30
I am an old log cutter from the Pacific Northwest. The first Pioneer I bought was the P60, and I continued to use Pioneer/Poulan until they were no longer sold in the states. I smashed them often using a roll cut shown to me by a Sawyer from New Mexico. While not the perfect saw the sheer power of them led some to think I was SUPERMAN! Not so. I am not a collector or "chainsaw dork", Saws are just tools of the trade.
All for sale, some run some might not, all turn over. Would think of them as parts saws - no guarantees.
I saw your pictures, what is happening on the parts saws, do you have any pricing on the different lots? Thanks Les

I saw your pictures, what is happening on the parts saws, do you have any pricing on the different lots? Thanks Les
I'll get back here on the week-end. They put me back to work!

Wanted to take off the clutch assembly on a Farmsaw. I have Two different style spanners that I use on Homelite but neither will fit the Pioneer.

Anyone know where I can find an appropriate spanner fit the Farmsaw.....or a hack that will work without destroying anything?

Wanted to take off the clutch assembly on a Farmsaw. I have Two different style spanners that I use on Homelite but neither will fit the Pioneer.

Anyone know where I can find an appropriate spanner fit the Farmsaw.....or a hack that will work without destroying anything?
Clutch is spline. It should slide off the crank stub. I used a longer wrench the first time 'cause it wouldn't budge. Then the saw rolled over on the PTO side and the clutch fell off on its own. I just stared at it for a minute and swore at myself.

Haha! Wow I feel pretty stupid! You’re absolutely right. The darn thing slid off as easy as can be.

Thanks for info! No wonder I couldn’t find a clutch tool !!image.jpgimage.jpg

Put together my NOS 750 the last couple days. It's probably 90% brand new anyway. Had to use a nice flywheel, rebuilt the primer, fuel bowl assembly and oil pump. Handlebar brackets and spacers750 done 1.jpg750 done 2.jpg750 done 3.jpg750 done 4.jpg750 done 5.jpg are off a parts saw. Rear handle grip off same parts saw. I don't think the spike is new either.

Nice looking saw!

Thanks. I have a soft spot for this series. Several 700Ds, 750s, and a 700G, 850, 1850 and 1770 are in my collection. It's interesting to see how Pioneer improved the cylinders throughout the series.

Another 750.

Attachments

• IMG_20200424_21939.jpg
    IMG_20200424_21939.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 14
I am down to three complete parts saws that I may still rob some parts from. One without the id plate that looks to be a p60 with a weld on the lower back of the case frame. one p61 with a missing ear to attach the right rear rubber mount. One 655 with JB weld on the right side of the tank and on the front between the case halves. Also a welded repair on the left case. There is some interest in the 60 or 61, but I have no knowledge of value. There are no part lots, I have some good parts but am finding many broken or repaired ones.
These saws were parked over twenty years ago, and I am having to replace fuel lines and clean carbs to make others run. I believe all three would run, most issues are cosmetic, except maybe the JB weld. I also have several 60 series crankcases in varying degrees of despair. Otis.

I am down to three complete parts saws that I may still rob some parts from. One without the id plate that looks to be a p60 with a weld on the lower back of the case frame. one p61 with a missing ear to attach the right rear rubber mount. One 655 with JB weld on the right side of the tank and on the front between the case halves. Also a welded repair on the left case. There is some interest in the 60 or 61, but I have no knowledge of value. There are no part lots, I have some good parts but am finding many broken or repaired ones.
These saws were parked over twenty years ago, and I am having to replace fuel lines and clean carbs to make others run. I believe all three would run, most issues are cosmetic, except maybe the JB weld. I also have several 60 series crankcases in varying degrees of despair. Otis.
Thanks for getting back to me, what about the picture in your previous post labeled Junk #3 a box of parts? Thanks Les

Back