Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're missing everything not in the pictures. That's a fair bit.

Yes their is a lot missing parts here on this carcuss .The engine is not seized and their is no cracks or welds on Saw. l think it is a good candidate to rebuild if l can get parts or just keep it for parts for now.
l do have a lot of small parts for the saw but not the shroud
cover, clutch cover, muffler, Brown carb ,

Yes their is a lot missing parts here on this carcuss .The engine is not seized and their is no cracks or welds on Saw. l think it is a good candidate to rebuild if l can get parts or just keep it for parts for now.
l do have a lot of small parts for the saw but not the shroud
cover, clutch cover, muffler, Brown carb ,

Looks like the reed valve is gone as well. Bummer.

Once again I must post to get email notification of new posts...
That seems foolish to me!

I used to follow Art Martin (it was a great read when it had photos). That often went close to a year with no posts, when one was posted I got notified. From what I just read it's been a couple of years since the last post.

Now if I don't post in about 2 weeks, no notification...

Thanks for getting back to me, what about the picture in your previous post labeled Junk #3 a box of parts? Thanks Les
Les
Junk #3- I have used all the good clutch covers I had. What remains are welded or cut up on the back chute. The crankcases were from saws with scuffed jugs. The cranks and cases appear good. I have two complete P60-62 starter housings. There are now three saws still complete, a 655, P60, and aP61, each with their own issues. Welded cases, JB Weld, mismatched colors. They all ran thirty years ago and I think they still would but have not messed with them. Hate to pull parts off a complete saw even if it is a Frankin.
Thanks for the interest. Otis.

Les
Junk #3- I have used all the good clutch covers I had. What remains are welded or cut up on the back chute. The crankcases were from saws with scuffed jugs. The cranks and cases appear good. I have two complete P60-62 starter housings. There are now three saws still complete, a 655, P60, and aP61, each with their own issues. Welded cases, JB Weld, mismatched colors. They all ran thirty years ago and I think they still would but have not messed with them. Hate to pull parts off a complete saw even if it is a Frankin.
Thanks for the interest. Otis.
Otis
Thanks for that info, on the cases with the cranks that you think are okay what model # are showing on the serial tags under the saw and how many crankcases are there and also your price for them? Thanks Les

Otis
Thanks for that info, on the cases with the cranks that you think are okay what model # are showing on the serial tags under the saw and how many crankcases are there and also your price for them? Thanks Les
I don't know, will have to look. The saws are at my house and the computer is not, complicates things. I think there are two 655s, one appears good the other feels rough when you pump the rod but the bearings feel tight in the case. Rod bearing appears good. I have maybe ten green Pioneer crankcases, P60 and up that I have not looked at closely. Some with id tags some not. I also now have a 655, P61, and what I think is a no tag P60 that I will probably part out due to welded parts and mismatched colors. I am thinking sixty dollars plus shipping is a fair price for the crankcases. As always, Otis

@ Admin and/or Jerry;
I got notification of the above post (Google).
Thank you.
Now if I also have longevity without posting; my prayers are answered!
Lou

I think the "Jump to new" at the top of the page is also new. That IMO is a good thing, again, thank you.

I don't know, will have to look. The saws are at my house and the computer is not, complicates things. I think there are two 655s, one appears good the other feels rough when you pump the rod but the bearings feel tight in the case. Rod bearing appears good. I have maybe ten green Pioneer crankcases, P60 and up that I have not looked at closely. Some with id tags some not. I also now have a 655, P61, and what I think is a no tag P60 that I will probably part out due to welded parts and mismatched colors. I am thinking sixty dollars plus shipping is a fair price for the crankcases. As always, Otis
Thanks Otis, I also was emailed a notification of a reply to my email, that`s a nice touch and I appreciate it. Otis yes the 60 dollars plus shipping is okay if you have what I`am looking for which is a Pioneer Partner P65 case that`s still good , if you have it I will buy from you, take a look and get back to me? Thanks Les

Thanks Otis, I also was emailed a notification of a reply to my email, that`s a nice touch and I appreciate it. Otis yes the 60 dollars plus shipping is okay if you have what I`am looking for which is a Pioneer Partner P65 case that`s still good , if you have it I will buy from you, take a look and get back to me? Thanks Les
Hey Les,
Will the 655 Poulan case work for you. I have a P65, it has the boost port and appears identical to the 655. the P62 was orange and might also work. I'll dig around and send you some pics on the weekend. The P65 is a complete saw not just the crankcase.
Thanks, Otis

Hey Les,
Will the 655 Poulan case work for you. I have a P65, it has the boost port and appears identical to the 655. the P62 was orange and might also work. I'll dig around and send you some pics on the weekend. The P65 is a complete saw not just the crankcase.
Thanks, Otis
Yes Otis that will work can you send pictures to my email at [email protected] if that`s okay, I might be interested in complete saw and also crankcases and put a package together. Thanks Les

Is there an IPL out that covers any of the Pioneer Western models? I only have the straight P61 IPL and there are obvious differences.
That`s good to hear about Otis and also to know he is a straight shooter, I have been exchanging emails with him and I feel the same way that he is trying to be honest about things.
In Ontario I have been buying new Pioneer and Pioneer Partner and then Poulan Pro saws since about 1972 and I actual new the area teck sales manager in the mid to late 80 and I have never seen any information printed on the western saw versions and if you wanted one here you had to ask the sales dept to supply it so I think it was a smaller thing for some areas they did to cater to there needs in there region. I like the P61 western you purchased. Les

Looking good. I'm all too familiar with those saws. If your cases are a lost cause, I may have something.
There's been a lot on here about the 700, 750 lately. You, ML12 and Beavers kind of stirred me up to get at it.
I was thinking of buying a saw from Otis, then figured may as well rebuild the 750 it's already here.
Thanks for the offer on the cases, I think I've saved these now. Got a coil on the way, need to get a carb kit.

Latest posts

Back