Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My P-60 that was completely rebuilt and powdercoated. Mike @glock37 did the powdercoating and CJ saws (Chainsaw Jim) did the disassembly & assembly of the saw. It was 27 months since I shipped it, and I honestly didn’t think that I was ever going to see it again, but it was finally shipped back to me last week...

A0C2757E-C530-4EB2-8705-D03A2DA339D8.jpeg975B40B5-02A2-4767-A862-74876E92378D.jpeg424A1F71-8F50-4ACA-846A-FC1DDA123502.jpeg975B40B5-02A2-4767-A862-74876E92378D.jpeg47CB125E-6549-448E-95D5-FA505EF011C6.jpeg
I also wanna say thanks to @Acornhill for supplying some hard to find NOS parts... and I’m also still looking for a NOS (or super clean) foot pad.

Love this forum!! A saw I just bought pretty cheap. It has a bridge in the exhaust so I assume it is a regular p52 no boost ports. I will be watching ebay for a top handle and the throttle handle. I've never run one of these but it is wicked compared to my p41 with a p42hp cylinder and piston

l love my PP52 saw .and use it all the time. l also for safety reasons install clutch cover before running. You will be happy with your saw . congrats ,

l love my PP52 saw .and use it all the time. l also for safety reasons install clutch cover before running. You will be happy with your saw . congrats ,
I didn't install the clutch cover on a Husky 2100 once before I test fired it and swiftly learned why you should. After I chased the clutch and clutch drum down I had to source a new clutch bearing as a few needles were mia from its joyride across the parking lot.

P62W Rebuild Saw, Peterborough build, The build date l beleive late 1983, Western comes with the Full wrap, west coast muffler, Phelan ign, west coast dual spike dawgs, Walbro large bore SDC 80 carburator, 7 pin .404 chain, safetybrake, Single fibreglass reed, l swapped out the single glass reed and installed a dual Boyesen reed assy, The str cover screws are correct and also can be found on the Pioneer Partner saws, The air cleaner cover screw knob was also a carry over, , The Data plate also started to change Font lettering, the plastic str rope pulley also had the metal insert.

Attachments

• P62 W_001.JPG
    P62 W_001.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 15
  • P62 W_002.JPG
    P62 W_002.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 15
  • P62 W_003.JPG
    P62 W_003.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 14
  • P62 W_004.JPG
    P62 W_004.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 15
  • P62 W_005.JPG
    P62 W_005.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 15
  • P62 W_006.JPG
    P62 W_006.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 16
P62W Rebuild Saw, Peterborough build, The build date l beleive late 1983, Western comes with the Full wrap, west coast muffler, Phelan ign, west coast dual spike dawgs, Walbro large bore SDC 80 carburator, 7 pin .404 chain, safetybrake, Single fibreglass reed, l swapped out the single glass reed and installed a dual Boyesen reed assy, The str cover screws are correct and also can be found on the Pioneer Partner saws, The air cleaner cover screw knob was also a carry over, , The Data plate also started to change Font lettering, the plastic str rope pulley also had the metal insert.
That looks great

Beautiful saw! My buddy has some of those mufflers and I’m thinking about putting one on my saw.

Well I was cleaning up my p52 and noticed a crack on the case. Is that fixable??

Attachments

• 20200704_202833.jpg
    20200704_202833.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 26
Alright guys decided to roll the dice on a couple complete but not running Pioneer/Partner saws from a seller here. A P39 and a P45, both with the dreaded blue coil with no spark. I'm up camping for the week, but the saws arrived the day I left and I was able to take a peek in the boxes just before I left. I can't stop thinking about how I'm gonna get them going. I've seen where many have had luck baking the coils at a low temp but does this repair really last? Are there any other ignition systems that'll bolt up to it? Or am I stuck just waiting for a good blue prestolite coil to pop up?

I can only speak for my Farmsaw. I bought her new in 1979 or early 80. She was stored in my garage in New Mexico and in six years never failed to start. It went into storage for 3 years when I was sent to Germany. It remained in storage the 1.5 years I was stationed at Ellsworth AFB. 90 I retired 91 we bought this place (Seattle area). She ran fine until I stupidly took it to a get together in Oregon and stored it on the ground under a tarp. A low/slow bake solved the no start. She's stored in a garage off the ground as it was in NM (stored in woodshed roughly 4 feet off the ground) and I'm fairly sure it would fire and run if I needed it.
The saws I reach for today are both Husqvarnas. If I stick one of them I'm fairly sure the Pioneer will cut it loose.
HTH
Lou

Latest posts

Back