Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The line spool for a homey 330 came in today. The dog(part that engages the flywheel ) from the farmsaw fit perfectly on it. The diameter and thickness of the spool looks the same. The splined stem is a little longer and the starter spring will have to be modified slightly but this looks to be a easy fix for the P40, P41 and farmsaw line spool replacement.

The line spool for a homey 330 came in today. The dog(part that engages the flywheel ) from the farmsaw fit perfectly on it. The diameter and thickness of the spool looks the same. The splined stem is a little longer and the starter spring will have to be modified slightly but this looks to be a easy fix for the P40, P41 and farmsaw line spool replacement.
Please give a very in-depth step-by-step how to just in case my (or anyone else's) Farmsaw should ever need modifying.
TIA
Lou

Jason, the P40 and the P41 does not use the same starter setup that the Farmsaw uses, they use spring loaded steel pawls. Am I missing something here?

I restored one (P40) for my uncle and it had one. The parts I used to fix the farmsaw where from that build. The 330 spool was just an experiment.
I take it that they were an early model run? I have seen quite a number of 40 and 41`s , they all had pawls. I have never owned a 40 , had a 41 years ago and let that go. Kept 52 and bigger 60, 62 and 665`s around.

I have never seen the bigger p series saws around here, just on the net. I have a 41 and love running it. Lots of grunt.
They are all good saws, the bigger ones just interested me more and I loved the power they made. I always ran bigger saws than the rest around here and on the jobs, I could handle them easily and never felt tired. I have graduated downward over the last 10 years or so to using smaller saws that can still get the job done.

Hello Pioneer folk
I'm looking for a p50 series or p60 series saw a project is fine I don't have a pile of money I'm looking for a Canadian saw to add to my collection since I'm half Canadian and I like pioneers just don't own one yet. Thanks

I was able to take a couple pictures and measurements of the line spool today. The stem is 2mm longer on the 330 which may not be an issue at all. The ID of the stem is .35mm smaller(on the 330) than the one I measured it against which was very used. It may be plug and play.

Attachments

• KIMG1728.jpg
    KIMG1728.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 5
  • KIMG1727.jpg
    KIMG1727.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 5
I was able to take a couple pictures and measurements of the line spool today. The stem is 2mm longer on the 330 which may not be an issue at all. The ID of the stem is .35mm smaller(on the 330) than the one I measured it against which was very used. It may be plug and play.
Are the engagers the same? It looks like the pitch of the spiral is very different.

Ok, I got this 3200 going. New crank seals, cylinder gasket, fuel lines, & carb kit. Much mahalo's to Tim, @fossil, for all his help.
Not that I am any sort of authority but I was quite impressed with this saw, from the engineering to how it runs. This thing rips! I have a few saws but my two Pioneers are my coolest.
20" bar, btw.
20220324_160921.jpg

Hard to say how well they sold.
The fact they shed paint while they sit there doesn't help to make them popular.
Four versions of the saw.. 3200, 3270, 3270S, and 3270SC.
The 3270's have an auto oiler. The 3270S may be called that for the "Low Tone" muffler and 3270SC has a choke rather than a primer.

Also the 2400 and 2460 which look the same and are 77cc but I have never come across them.

Hard to say how well they sold.
The fact they shed paint wile they sit there doesn't help to make them popular.
Four versions of the saw.. 3200, 3270, 3270S, and 3270SC.
The 3270's have an auto oiler. The 3270S may be called that for the "Low Tone" muffler and 3270SC has a choke rather than a primer.

Also the 2400 and 2460 which look the same and are 77cc but I have never come across them.
A few guys had the 2400`s around here but they were not a popular saw in this area as smaller saws were all that was really needed. The few that I know of were used in the hardwood harvesting. The 1100 series was the most popular during that time period. They certainly were paint shedders.

Latest posts

Back