Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  • Question for my Pioneer friends. What is this saw worth? Its missing the starter and have no idea if it has spark. I might have a chance to purchase it and want to know what's a fair price for me and the seller? Thanks in advance
    1.JPG

Attachments​

• 11.JPG
      11.JPG
      2.1 MB · Views: 0
    • 12.JPG
      12.JPG
      2.3 MB · Views: 0
    • 13.JPG
      617 KB · Views: 0
    • 14.JPG
      14.JPG
      599 KB · Views: 0
    • 15.JPG
      601.9 KB · Views: 0
    • 16.JPG
      16.JPG
      521.3 KB · Views: 0
    • 17.JPG
      17.JPG
      616.9 KB · Views: 0

1.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 4.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 5.JPG
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 7.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
  • 9.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 0

I would be suspicious of the flywheel as it looks like it's pretty chewed up and may have a piece out of it (at about 7:00 o'clock) and looks to be missing a bunch of fins. I would also be looking closely at the end of the crankshaft as the starter pawls are over the end of it. They should butt up against the nut if the nut is even there. It's a bit hard to tell as there's a lot of crud.
You might also check to make sure the fuel cap can be removed. They have a tendency to swell and stick.

A P50 is a peppy saw.

I would be suspicious of the flywheel as it looks like it's pretty chewed up and may have a piece out of it (at about 7:00 o'clock) and looks to be missing a bunch of fins. I would also be looking closely at the end of the crankshaft as the starter pawls are over the end of it. They should butt up against the nut if the nut is even there. It's a bit hard to tell as there's a lot of crud.

A P50 is a peppy saw.
That saw would be a crap shoot for me buying it, wouldn`t go more than $50. CDN for that one unless I had it in my hands for a half hour. I know Pioneer saws are sort of rare, own a couple of them , but one has to think about purchasing a beat to death unit, no telling what works, what`s all missing and where to even find all missing or non working bits, all parts are scarce and expensive for those saws. That one is best considered a spare parts donor saw if buying it on the net. A saw like that can quickly set you back $500. or more just for a few replacement bits, best to wait for a complete saw unless you get into collecting them, then spare parts become a necessity. Ask for a pic of the end of the crank on the flywheel side, under the catch pawls, like Tim mentioned it does not look right.

Hard to say how well they sold.
The fact they shed paint while they sit there doesn't help to make them popular.
Four versions of the saw.. 3200, 3270, 3270S, and 3270SC.
The 3270's have an auto oiler. The 3270S may be called that for the "Low Tone" muffler and 3270SC has a choke rather than a primer.

Also the 2400 and 2460 which look the same and are 77cc but I have never come across them.
Here’s my 3200 getting all angry!

I'm looking for P-50 Crank bearings and seals and wrist pin bearing. Part numbers and or where to get them will be really appreciated!
You will have to cross referenced the bearing sizes/types and find some at a bearing supplier seals again finding out what they are and the size is required.

6203s are larger in all dimensions. Jerry or Tim may want to chime in for clarification / verification of the cross references. My source is a fairly well-recognized compilation they're both probably more familiar with than I am regarding the accuracy of its content. It's been correct for everything I've used it for to date.

6203s are larger in all dimensions. Jerry or Tim may want to chime in for clarification / verification of the cross references. My source is a fairly well-recognized compilation they're both probably more familiar with than I am regarding the accuracy of its content. It's been correct for everything I've used it for to date.
My numbers are untested by myself and unverified so I would have to go with your numbers then.

I have a P50 project that I have on the “to do shelf” so the correct numbers are definitely an interest to me!

I would pull the saw apart and see what the numbers on the bearings are. I've heard there are some number of different setups. Same with the wrist pin bearing.
The the crankshaft bearings show this one for the clutch side but there is no number for the FW side bearing.
Pioneer PN 431266 on the clutch side.

The CR5606 seals do work but are tight on the shafts.
I believe the best alternative for the seals are Dichtomatic Americas15X25.5X4.5TC

Here is some info regarding wrist pin bearing update on your P-50 Build that you and others may find useful.
The bearing on left is original 430743 and bearing on right side is 507-433289
l can resend pics if they are not clear enough to see.

Attachments

• 473155 Rings_001.JPG
    473155 Rings_001.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 473155 Rings_002.JPG
    473155 Rings_002.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 473155 Rings_003.JPG
    473155 Rings_003.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 5
I doubt this one will ever need rebuilding,
2010%2520Trip%2520to%2520Alaska%25201314.jpg