Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all I’m working on a 1200 a and it’s missing the plug for the oil pump. Anyone know what thread it is. It doesn’t look like normal pipe thread thanks jp

I took the pump plug out of a 11-60 (same plug) and it's a bit baffling. The OD of the plug threads is 0.5575" (37/64") or maybe it's a 9/16-18 but a thread repair die won't fit the plug.

The thread pitch appears to 18. It is a straight thread.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Maybe someone on here has a spare from a parts saw.
1649710921490.png

I took the pump plug out of a 11-60 (same plug) and it's a bit baffling. The OD of the plug threads is 0.5575" (37/64") or maybe it's a 9/16-18 but a thread repair die won't fit the plug.

The thread pitch appears to 18. It is a straight thread.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Maybe someone on here has a spare from a parts saw.
View attachment 980480
I have a lower block laying around with a plug in it however I have 2 or 3 missing said plug. Being as it is 70s eara saw I wouldn’t think it would be too oddball but who knows

Oregon did sell a PowerMate System for the big P frame saws, that includes a clutch drum and rim drive sprocket, #27440X
They discontinued the star sprocket drives some years back.
Thanks pioneer600 I'm really happy to finally have a Canadian built saw considering I'm half Canadian. I bought 2 P50's that run for $300 :)

Thanks pioneer600 I'm really happy to finally have a Canadian built saw considering I'm half Canadian. I bought 2 P50's that run for $300 :)

Both of the P50's have the oregon powermate drums and i happened to have a powermate 3/8-7 sprocket

I have a bag full of .404 loops (NOS), not sure about the drive link count, but could have a look - can always break one or two to make a proper length loop. I can part with a few loops for free, but shipping from Europe to Canada isn't free, so that'd be your cost.

Jerry were some sprocket tips one size only as I have two bars that have 3/8s stamped on the tip.
Kash
Yes, a sprocket tip is designed specific for the pitch of the chain, if it is stamped 3/8" then that is all that tip can use correctly. Pioneer mostly used either .404 or 3/8" but did have their own rare gauge of , .049 but that has nothing to do with pitch. The hard nose bars could handle any pitch but were gauge specific.

No its hard nosed it's .404 I measured it Thanks. This size chain is hard to find.
.404 .058 is no longer made as far as I know 3/8 and .325 would be the only option but need the right clutch. I have a think for putting rim drive clutches on older saws I’m going to use.

I have a bag full of .404 loops (NOS), not sure about the drive link count, but could have a look - can always break one or two to make a proper length loop. I can part with a few loops for free, but shipping from Europe to Canada isn't free, so that'd be your cost.
Sorry, my bad - I didn't pay close enough attention to the question asked, inquiring about .404/.058 chain. I just had a better look at the the .404 chain loops I have: These are 84 DL semi chisel Sandvik 63B, so regular .063 _not_ .058 as inquired for the P50 above). I should have known they would be regular .063 - can imagine .404 @ .058 being a problem to find. Sorry for the confusion!

Question for Pioneer experts. What does it take to put a P61 cylinder on a P50 besides the piston and cylinder? Is the wrist pin and bearing the same size?

Back