Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for Pioneer experts. What does it take to put a P61 cylinder on a P50 besides the piston and cylinder? Is the wrist pin and bearing the same size?
I'm not sure the coil mounting is the same on the side of the cylinder.They are the same stroke, you would think physical mounting would be similar. you would just have to think about coil, fly wheel etc.

The Wrist Pin 428367 is same on both Saws and the Wrist pin bearing 430743 is same . the P50 Saw was equipped with 2 different ign system set-ups . Earlier versions still had the Breaker points ign , l think it was a carry over from the P-40 saw. The later version had the Prestolite electronic module , blue or White colour. You may have to switch the Flywheel pending. The Base Gaskets are the same even though the part numbers changed a few time , current # is 433226.

Howdy does anyone know a bearing crossover number for 430743 I need a wrist pin bearing or clutch bearing it's the same part. Thanks

Have you heard about prefacing the Pioneer part number with 507? When Poulan bought Pioneer they added 507 to the Pioneer part numbers. Pioneer 430743 became 507430743. That trick was taught to me by an agent of Baileys. They are often listed as weedeater parts.
I cannot swear that this is the correct bearing, but probably worth a little more research on your part.
https://www.partstree.com/parts/poulan-507430743/No guarantees but IMO worth a little work on yours.
Good Luck
Lou

I thought it'd be cool if I could find a wrap handle & spike for my 3200. I was more than happy to spend too much to get a 3270 parts saw with both. I only needed to make a spacer on the top mount. I used Koa which is known for its anti vibe properties. That handle is in beautiful shape.
20220526_133436.jpg20220526_133453.jpg20220526_133508.jpg

Looking for a bar mount that works with a 3200. I’d like to put a 24” on it but it’s difficult to find any information on this. Any suggestion?
I’ll have to go look, but I am thinking the only current production close is the K095. I can go and pull an OEM hard nose from a 3270 and compare.

Maybe 240RNDK095…

Hi I have a P26s chainsaw - my exhaust is coming loose every time I use it, causing me to lose 2 bolts accessible through 2 holes from below. I replaced them a few times, but they keep on coming loose. I need to take it apart to see why this is happening, I suspect another bolt has come loose or broke off. Main question is - what material should the bolts be made off? And, this probably as been asked elsewhere, is there a manual for this chainsaw?

Hi I have a P26s chainsaw - my exhaust is coming loose every time I use it, causing me to lose 2 bolts accessible through 2 holes from below. I replaced them a few times, but they keep on coming loose. I need to take it apart to see why this is happening, I suspect another bolt has come loose or broke off. Main question is - what material should the bolts be made off? And, this probably as been asked elsewhere, is there a manual for this chainsaw?

Attaching the manual for the saw. I read that someone had great results with Loctite high temperature pipe thread sealant.
You may be missing the crush spacer(s) for the bolts. IPL attached as well.

Attachments

• Pioneer Service Manual 1074 P26E P28E & ES.pdf
    18.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Pioneer P26E.pdf
    80.5 KB · Views: 0
Attaching the manual for the saw. I read that someone had great results with Loctite high temperature pipe thread sealant.
You may be missing the crush spacer(s) for the bolts. IPL attached as well.
Really appreciate this Tim. I'm thinking some type of Zn alloy bolts, difficult to know what would cause least corrosion. Did think of using Loctite as well, but didn't dare mentioning it :) Will keep updated once I open it up..

Really appreciate this Tim. I'm thinking some type of Zn alloy bolts, difficult to know what would cause least corrosion. Did think of using Loctite as well, but didn't dare mentioning it :) Will keep updated once I open it up..

The stock bolts would have been mild steel.

Loctite is you friend on the old saws. The repair manuals mention loctite or "sealers often".

I see loctite 242 (blue) for the muffler bolts but it's not high temp.

@ LoveChainsaws;​

When Poulan (under Weed Eater) engulfed Pioneer they took all Pioneer part numbers and prefaced them with 507.
Your Pioneer part number "471736" became part number "507471736".
No guarantees you'll find the ring set you want but Google lists 507471736 as a 3270/3200 Pioneer ring set.
Good Luck
Lou
Dear Lou,
I hope all is well with you. Any chance you can point me in a good direction to find a replacement gear for a Poulan electric WeedEater (i.e. hedge trimmer)? The part number is 530-400859. Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Steve

@ steve-w; I'm sorry to report I tried without success. My knowledge of weedeaters is nonexistent!
I did look at a couple of my better Pioneer/Husqvarna part suppliers and they came back NLA.
Perhaps some other follower of this thread can help; Anyone?
I send wishes for good health and happiness to you and your loved ones. Good luck.
Lou

Latest posts

Back