Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure what happened to it. I thought I had posted that one.

6x86lKT.jpeg

Here are a few pics of what I have. One single wire hook up I am guessing. Still looking for a serial # with no luck. Thanks again for any help. While I was looking at it today, I noticed the decomp was leaking after spraying the cylinder full of wd 40. Top end looks great and has 2 thin rings, both move freely.

Attachments

• 20230806_171813_HDR.jpg
    20230806_171813_HDR.jpg
    1,002.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230806_171832.jpg
    20230806_171832.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230806_171954.jpg
    20230806_171954.jpg
    786.6 KB · Views: 0
Hey guys,
I picked up a nice little P41F the other week, early one, painted squared off wrap and no brake on it. It has a green plastic air filter cover on it. I’ve never seen a green plastic top before. We’re these factory? Aftermarket? I’ll take sone pics here and look for a part number on it.

It does have the plastic air filter, Tilly carb, steel clutch.

Had a question on decals, p41 side decals, this one has no “tree” in the pioneer on the clutch and starter cover decals. Was this an early design? All the replacement decals I see available have the little tree incorporated into it.

IMG_8047.jpegIMG_8048.jpeg

It does have the plastic air filter, Tilly carb, steel clutch.

Had a question on decals, p41 side decals, this one has no “tree” in the pioneer on the clutch and starter cover decals. Was this an early design? All the replacement decals I see available have the little tree incorporated into it.

View attachment 1107818View attachment 1107819
Same setup here on mine.

IMG_1009.jpegIMG_1010.jpeg

Leaking tank divider has kept this one on the shelf for some time. Is removal of the divider and bedding it in JB weld the general consensus? The divider is intact, with what appears to be the partial remnants of a thin coating of light grey epoxy material that has released. Given the limited use, I am gathering it came from the factory this way, but the epoxy failed to bond well in the tank environment. I could try some Seal-All. It has held up somewhat on the fuel cap vent retrofit from a quite few years back. I don’t know if there was a preferred manufacturer fix when/if this arose back in the day.

IMG_1012.jpeg

Leaking tank divider has kept this one on the shelf for some time. Is removal of the divider and bedding it in JB weld the general consensus? The divider is intact, with what appears to be the partial remnants of a thin coating of light grey epoxy material that has released. Given the limited use, I am gathering it came from the factory this way, but the epoxy failed to bond well in the tank environment. I could try some Seal-All. It has held up somewhat on the fuel cap vent retrofit from a quite few years back. I don’t know if there was a preferred manufacturer fix when/if this arose back in the day.

View attachment 1107847
It might take me a bit to find it but I have the Poulan service bulletin for that problem. I have seen guys try to make a repair and put the divider back in place working though the hole. I have never seen it done with any much success. It really needs the case split to do it right.

Here are a few pics of what I have. One single wire hook up I am guessing. Still looking for a serial # with no luck. Thanks again for any help. While I was looking at it today, I noticed the decomp was leaking after spraying the cylinder full of wd 40. Top end looks great and has 2 thin rings, both move freely.
Well, I ordered a coil for a 455 Poulan Pro that I was told would fit the P50. Some other research showed it fit as well. Coil came from a reputable seller on the Bay and is a Phelon 2167. Sadly it does not even come close to fitting up to the P50. I will keep looking, but if anybody needs a coil for a 455 I have one (used) that I would sell for what I paid for it. Seller made it clear no refunds on electrical and I won't push the subject. The intake boot I also ordered for a 455 though was a perfect fit for the P50.

Well, I ordered a coil for a 455 Poulan Pro that I was told would fit the P50. Some other research showed it fit as well. Coil came from a reputable seller on the Bay and is a Phelon 2167. Sadly it does not even come close to fitting up to the P50. I will keep looking, but if anybody needs a coil for a 455 I have one (used) that I would sell for what I paid for it. Seller made it clear no refunds on electrical and I won't push the subject. The intake boot I also ordered for a 455 though was a perfect fit for the P50.
You probably need the long-bodied blue or white coil. They made them in both colors.

Latest posts

Back