Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P40

So...what's the slick trick to replacing the fuel line in the tank ?
All I can see of the clamp is the metal band. Is there some kind of hook/catch on the opposite side ? How to get at it ? My needle-nose pliers can't. Maybe a hemostat with curved jaws ? Please don't say split the cases. lol

So...what's the slick trick to replacing the fuel line in the tank ?
All I can see of the clamp is the metal band. Is there some kind of hook/catch on the opposite side ? How to get at it ? My needle-nose pliers can't. Maybe a hemostat with curved jaws ? Please don't say split the cases. lol

Pull the starter cover, remove the outer fuel line then unscrew the hose barb and pull the intank line out. You'll have to remove the filter first.

Can anyone help me identify this saw? I cant remember where I got this from but I figured I should finally do something with it. I believe all I need to get for it is the recoil and the bar cover. Problem is I don't know what model it is so I cant really be askin for parts for it yet. The P&C are lookin good and it also has spark so I figured its definately worth fixin. These are the numbers I found on the id tag on the bottom of the saw. mod# 490243 Serial# 0336350592 Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

DSCF1260.jpg

DSCF1259.jpg

DSCF1258.jpg

I noticed in the above spec sheet it listed the end gap for the rings. Do you have this info for a P60/61/62 and for the P50 series also. I have never been able to find it. Thats the only info I need, so you don't have to post the whole sheet. Thanks :cheers:

I noticed in the above spec sheet it listed the end gap for the rings. Do you have this info for a P60/61/62 and for the P50 series also. I have never been able to find it. Thats the only info I need, so you don't have to post the whole sheet. Thanks :cheers:

This is the only sheet I could find at the moment:

Here are the specs
I am new to scanning so bear with me.

Thank you so much. I would rep you but I dont see the button???
Do you have shop manuals for the saw.

Ok. To everyone: Who can tell me where I might be able to find a Cylinder gasket for this saw? What parts may be available for this saw. I know the A/F cover is not. HAs anyone looked at the pics I posted last night???:confused::cheers:

IPL's and Shop Manuals etc.

Guy's I hope you don't take this little message the wrong way as I am not trying to mind any one elses business but my own,but going to try and offer some help.
For those of you that are asking for IPL's ,Manuals, Specs etc.Chris is going to be putting a whole whack of information together that he has received from Mark and myself and probably others.As far as I know it will include what I have mentioned above and also Service manuals.
Okay I guess if you need the information ASAP, as you might have a project on the go right now, by all means ask! I would for sure!
If it's for a project down the road you might want to wait till Mark has all this information regather.Oh,by the way I don't know when that would be as I have not even sent him all the information I have,but I'm getting there.
Mark has talked about hosting the information some place not sure where.Hope I have not pissed anyone off here that's not my intent.
Thanks
Lawrence

Its OK

Lawrence
I know you guys are putting together something really helpful, but I didn't see the info for the 1074 in your lists. Please correct me if I missed it, as I can wait. This will be a drawn out project due to the time constraints mentioned in a post last night. Anyway this covers me, dont know 'bout anyone else.

Yes I do, actually the spec sheets are from a disassembly manual that I can hopefully eventually scan for you.

That would be awesome. But like I let Lawrence know there is no big hurry for me. At any of your convenience. More interested in what is available partswise for the 1074, but seems mums the word. Cyl gasket, maybe points/condenser.
Hey that leads me to another question. If im rebuilding this saw for collector purposes than i should not consider electronic ign. correct?

Hey that leads me to another question. If im rebuilding this saw for collector purposes than i should not consider electronic ign. correct?
I wouldn't. It didn't come that way from the factory. I put points in mine about 20 yrs ago and I havn't touched it since and it fired up the other day no prob. I don't cut much with it at all. Probably won't cut with it anymore anyway, just keep it for a show piece.

I wouldn't. It didn't come that way from the factory. I put points in mine about 20 yrs ago and I havn't touched it since and it fired up the other day no prob. I don't cut much with it at all. Probably won't cut with it anymore anyway, just keep it for a show piece.

I agree. Thats what I was thinkin. Wanna keep it as stock as possible.

Thank you Rennie . For some reason my printer didn't copy it completely tho . Its about shot but I'm finishing off the ink before installing the new replacement . I'll go back to the scanned pics & handwrite it in . Do you happen to have the manuals for that saw ? I'd like to get copies if possible to add to my collection . Thanks again . God bless, Ken

Back